Just frustrated

Some people say the worst things . . .

Moderator: HelenA

Just frustrated

Postby MsIbale » Jun 11, 2005 11:35 pm

:x
What the hell kind of body can't keep a glass of water down?
And what the hell kind of body makes a neverending supply of bile??
Seriously, there has to be *something* out there that can help me (us)..this can't be normal!!
Blah.
MsIbale

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 12, 2005 12:25 am

Ugh - Isn't it crazy? I always wondered how on earth my body could continue puking and puking and puking when nothing had gone in in days. It's like we INVENT stuff to vomit! :shock: Bleh! When the bile and acid got too annoying, I'd take a couple sips of water just to dilute things a bit on the way back up. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Bile pit

Postby MsIbale » Jun 12, 2005 9:26 am

Pamela,
Seriously it is weird! Like, where does it come from? I'm sitting here thinking, this can't be normal because normal bodies don't produce this much bile! Normal bodies would dry-heave or something. I rarely dry-heave. There is always a copius amount of disgusting bile.
Drinking the water to dilute it..I actually never thought of that. Although now when I think about it, throwing up the glass of water was better then throwing up pure bile.
Oh, what a lovely post!! :shock:
MsIbale

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 12, 2005 9:42 am

It is truly a mystery. I had my gall bladder out after my 2nd HG, and after that there was a bit less bile, but my body just compensated with more stomach acid--you know, to meet its quota of pukable material.

There were many time's I'd chug something just to help with taste when I vomited moments later. My husband thought I was insane to drink when I knew it would only come right back up, but it was worth it to dilute some of the bizarre fluids my body was sending my way. :roll: Isn't HG wonderful?
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Pamela

Postby MsIbale » Jun 12, 2005 1:10 pm

Pamela,
Did you have your gallbladder out because of the HG, or for another reason?
MsIbale

Postby IslandDreamer » Jun 12, 2005 9:16 pm

Oh man, I'm so sorry you're feeling so lousy. I hope today was better. I know...water...sheesh...who da thunk it would be the worst and most impossible item on the planet.

Pamela, you are very wise. That totally makes sense. I always go for a flavor kill when I know I'm gonna puke, I go for a **foodment**strawberry popsicle end foodment*** so it tastes less nasty....but water would be better to smooth things out....and it is certainly something that makes me puke :wink: .
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 12, 2005 9:33 pm

I started having gall bladder attacks when my first child was 2 weeks old, and I had the surgery done 6 weeks post-partum. No, I really don't think it had anything to do with HG, and it certainly didn't do anything to alleviate HG in the next two pregnancies (except maybe a little less bile). It's definitely something to ask about, though, as gall bladder disease can present with many of the same symptoms as HG.

FOOD MENT:
Suzanne, doesn't the popsicle coloring scare you? I tried living on popsicles with #1 and was always freaked out to see red and grape and orange splatters. :oops: I did have a fun trick where I'd wait until the appointed puking time and drink a bit of orange or grape juice, which I was always craving. My husband would watch in disbelief as I took my glass to the bathroom, drank, then puked within seconds. It was always well worth it to have that taste!

And finally, I don't know what it is with water, but that's the comment I get most often in the volunteer trenches from frantic family members--"She can't even drink WATER!?!?!" Stomachs besieged by HG apparently aren't very discerning. :P
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

lol

Postby MsIbale » Jun 13, 2005 8:00 am

I just wanted to point out that if all the things about HG were erased, we would sound like 3 ladies with serious eating disorders.

-I like to drink water before I throw up! It makes it easier!
-Oh really? I never thought of that. But you know, it *was* easier throwing up after I had the water!

DH thinks it's weird when I take a glass of grape juice to the bathroom and drink it before I throw up!

lol. whew.
MsIbale

Re: lol

Postby HGx3 » Jun 19, 2005 1:57 am

MsIbale wrote:I just wanted to point out that if all the things about HG were erased, we would sound like 3 ladies with serious eating disorders.

-I like to drink water before I throw up! It makes it easier!
-Oh really? I never thought of that. But you know, it *was* easier throwing up after I had the water!

DH thinks it's weird when I take a glass of grape juice to the bathroom and drink it before I throw up!

lol. whew.

And don't forget to add the comment "And it is always fun to drink grape juice or eat popcicles to add a *variety* of color to your puke!

Here is my puking advice:
Always eat something that tastes just as good going down, as it does coming up. For example, FOODMENT I loved to eat chocolate chip cookies prior to puking, because they were just as yummy coming out, as they were going in!!!!!! LMAO~~~~~
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

puke

Postby MsIbale » Jun 19, 2005 10:34 am

I'm surprised about the chocolate chip cookies!

I ate a whole pint of chocolate ice cream once during my last pregnancy. For some reason, it was good at the time. A few minutes later it came right back up and it was sooooooo disgusting. I couldn't eat ice cream for a long time.
MsIbale

Postby HGx3 » Jun 19, 2005 1:20 pm

Yep, milk products do not work well in terms of puking, lol. FOODMENT
Ice cream gets thick and contributes to mucas production,YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 19, 2005 9:26 pm

LOL - Eating disorder of the oddest kind!

FOODMENT: I cannot ever look at a raspberry shake again after a hellacious puking incident in pg #3. Eeeeeew. There is a limit to the "it tastes good going in, tastes good coming back up" theory. I was always really bad to judging turnaround time, too, so I avoided solids for the most part. I had a lovely esophagus tear after something chunky with #1. :roll:
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby MsIbale » Jun 19, 2005 9:50 pm

lol is it awful that I chew my food especially well only because I know it might come back to haunt me later?
MsIbale

Postby teddi » Jun 20, 2005 2:17 pm

oh yuck... nasty.

Ice cream does NOT work coming back up. Mexican food does though. Like beans, rice. I hated puking up popsicles, don't know why, maybe I was just always at my worst. Fudgesicles were a little better.

I always hated that first puke of the morning on a totally empty stomach, except for egg yolk bile. I dunno, wasn't always about taste, sometimes about consistency too. I didn't like wretching up nothing or just liquids, it hurt more.
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Postby MsIbale » Jun 20, 2005 5:44 pm

Egg yolk bile!! That's *exactly* what it's like, but I never thought of it that way!
Is there a difference between egg yolk bile and some other kind?
MsIbale

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 20, 2005 11:47 pm

GROSS MENT:

Egg-yolk bile! Never thought of it that way. I always fondly referred to it as "liquid ear wax." :P My, what happy memories! lol
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby teddi » Jun 21, 2005 12:25 am

Yeah, there's a difference between biles.

First, there's egg yolk yellow. Then, after puking quite extensively for hours on end, it goes to dark green. After that, it goes to kinda black.. usually will have some amount of blood in it by then.

Isn't it nice to know all that? :roll:
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Postby aaronsmommy » Jun 21, 2005 9:28 am

Wow, this thread is disgusting!!

I love the bile descriptions. I think egg-yolk might be a bit more fitting in terms of appearance, but maybe Pamela has the flavor in mind when thinking about liquid ear wax!! I had at least 3 kinds of bile pukes - the barely yellow tinged stomach juice once, the thicker bright yellow ones of egg yolk variety, and then a few times (in labor, and when I got the blood stream infection) I had the pasty thick green variety I think Teddi is referring to - I like to think of those as meconium puke because that's exactly what it looked like!
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby MsIbale » Jun 21, 2005 9:55 am

wow I feel lucky I never had the thick stuff. just cups and cups of the egg yolk stuff.
MsIbale

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 21, 2005 10:43 am

Hmmm. I can classify 5 kinds of pukish-material. :wink: The watery, pale yellow stuff that's mostly stomach acid, the thick, mustardy yellow that is NASTY (liquid ear wax!), thick yellow with tinges of bright green, dark, sludgy green, and black/blood mixed in with any of the other combinations. How pathetic is it that I categorized puking and self-diagnosed severity based on what I was puking that day? :roll: I just assumed that we all puked the same stuff; interesting!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Return to "I got crackered" (Vent)