So when are you going to try for #4?

Some people say the worst things . . .

Moderator: HelenA

So when are you going to try for #4?

Postby *sunshine*daisies » Jun 20, 2005 10:19 pm

After months of house confinement and constant vomitting + nausea, I finally am seeing some improvements in my condition. I decided to attempt to go to church, with the help of my husband. Although this pg has been better than the last, it still has its major challenges. Thanks to great medical care and a large daily dose of zofran I have managed to avoid IV's.

A person whom I know fairly well, and knows the severity of the pg came up to me and cheerfully said.."Oh I am so glad that you are doing so great!! Aren't you excited, this pregnancy has been so much easier. So when will you start trying for your fourth?"

What?!!?? Are you out of your (blanky blank) mind!!
Did you just say fourth?

Needless to say the horror of going through another struggle with hg is absolutely terrifying to me (I am still battling this episode everyday!!), not to mention the hearbreaking miscarriage I had over the holidays preceding this pg. Just because I have avoided hospitaliztions and ER visits, does not mean this pg has been "EASY"!

I mumbled something about.. well after being on the couch for months, throwing up constantly, I am not sure I would consider it "easy", and then just kind of wandered away.

Some people...

Heather

Mommy to..
Anna March '99
Abby July '01
New Baby Nov '05
All HG pregnancies
*sunshine*daisies

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 20, 2005 11:51 pm

You get a prize for NOT saying it out loud! Wow. Nothing like letting you get this baby here first, huh? People are so stupid. :roll:
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby IslandDreamer » Jun 21, 2005 12:32 am

Oh yes, I think these folks go to school to come up with the stupid comments. I'm apparently (just ask my mom and mil) doing GREAT!!!! this pregnancy....hmmm...lots of Zofran and other drugs and a trip to the ER are SOOOOOOOOOO great. We're just in the lap of luxury without that IV, now aren't we?

A ticket to HG Island for that blabbermouth who suggested #4, who by the way is in your belly. I'm really sorry about the baby before this little one. (You know, if you get in a "Suzanne" mood, you could go ahead and tell that person you're currently carrying Four. That's a lot of why folks outside the family don't cracker me much...because I start talking about how this is Baby Five...they don't know what to do with that information and stumble away in confusion.)

You know, we're three days apart! I'm due November 28/29. :D
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby *sunshine*daisies » Jun 21, 2005 8:24 am

No kidding!

This is actually my 5th pg as well. Unfortunately, I have misscarried twice (my first pg and fourth), both later at 15 and 13 weeks.

Suzanne, next time I will think of you and throw out some comment about it. (By the way that is fun that we are due so close, are you finding out what you are having?)

I am just excited to have my 3rd!! Not to mention it took years to get the courage to even attempt this whole process again, as I am sure many Hg'ers feel. My husband was convinced that the last pg was going to kill me and even though he is a laid back guy, carries a huge amount of stress when I am pg.

I always just wish that people who make these comments could have atleast one HG pg and they would quickly zip their lips!! :roll:

Heather

Mommy to..
Anna March '99
Abby July '01
New Baby Nov '05
All HG pregnancies
*sunshine*daisies

Postby IslandDreamer » Jun 21, 2005 11:47 am

Hi Heather,

Oh ya, tell em this IS five, and they'll shut up real quick. That's all I do :wink: . Did you have HG with the two you lost? I can't believe you got the guts to do this a fifth time...me, I just keep doing it by accident. :shock:

If baby cooperates, we find out gender next Wednesday...got the level 2 all set...will certainly tell you all if we find out for sure. :D . You?
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby helen-l-a » Jun 30, 2005 4:59 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry... I shouldn't laugh, but how thick?!.................not to mention stupid and insensitive????

Helenxxx :D
Mum to.....
Luke 1990 not a HG pregnancy.
Jonathan 1994 not a HG pregnancy
Emily 1998 HG pregnancy!
Thomas Bailey 2005 HG pregnancy

helen-l-a
HG Expert

Return to "I got crackered" (Vent)