Must be the week to get crackered....

Some people say the worst things . . .

Moderator: HelenA

Must be the week to get crackered....

Postby caty » Jun 21, 2005 4:23 pm

"Oh good...you're having a boy. Now with one of each you can stop!"

I have been saying over and over for the past 21+ weeks that I am not going to make ANY decisions about whether or not this is our last child. That is not a decision anyone should make WHILE they are pg, ESPECIALLY an hg'er!! My DH who is awesome (about 90% of the time) has said that IF I want to have another baby we can make that decision together at that time; but he'll never ask me to have another one. So I have worked really hard to keep myself from making that decision right now, scheduling a C-section and getting my tubes tied. And now that we know it's a boy, just about EVERYONE has the same comment. As if I didn't want to puke enough, that comment just about pushes me over the edge!!!

caty
Been There Done That

Postby HelenA » Jun 22, 2005 7:56 am

Oh dear...lol This was my first and throughout the whole pg my family were making comments about her being an only child. Yes I may have said at one point "I don't think I can do this again" I'm sure eveyr Hger has similar thoughts even if they don't say them, but my family turned it into a debate, some saying "you can't have an only child" and others saying "you can't do this again" I love my family but at the end of the day this is a decision that ONLY me and DP can make. Oh and while I'm on a rant...lol Why do people feel the need to butt into my relationship? Now that we have had this baby, everyone seems to have an opinion on whether we should get married! We are quite happy the way we are and have not even thought about marriage, we have both been married before, I got divorced 2 years ago, and he is going through his divorce now. (although been seperated 18 months). We both know that being married doesn't mean things will work out and we haven't said we WON'T get wed some day, but we have just had a baby so have other things on our minds. Like a baby doesn't cost enough without adding a wedding to the cost! Ok rant over...lol
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Postby caty » Jun 23, 2005 5:25 pm

LOL...it's like pgcy & children give everyone in the world insight into your life, and the right to speak their mind. Like the stress of a new baby isn't enough! I have actually written myself a note and stuck it to the fridge that says, "no Prozac = no Mom" to remind myself not to speak to my mother if I've forgotten to take my meds. LOL...

caty
Been There Done That

Return to "I got crackered" (Vent)