had it up to here....

Some people say the worst things . . .

Moderator: HelenA

had it up to here....

Postby mommy_bug2 » Jul 03, 2005 9:52 pm

Okay so I've decided three hg pregnancies are enough, and have finally hit my second trimester.... What do I decide? To have my tubes tied. I bring it up to my doctor who up until this point has been totally supportive... The response?
"I'm not sure I am comfortable doing that, it's an undoable process...."
WTF???? :evil: :shock:
That's what my last doctor said and look where I am now!!!! Pregnant, sick, tired, depressed and crying. AGAIN!!!! Not that I won't love this little one, but I CANNOT risk doing this to my myself again. :cry:

Marjie
3xhg survivor Destiny Morgan 4 & Talen Arron 3 & Ivy Grace 16 months

HG FREE FOREVER!!!!
mommy_bug2
Been There Done That

Postby mammaclare » Jul 03, 2005 10:09 pm

Huh? Are you very young? I have only heard of docs refusing people who have only one child or who are very very young still.

Find another OB--that is ludicrous. Of course, having your DH get a vas is much less invasive. and some people have health issues after a tubal, so maybe you can consider that instead?

Regardless, that is what the OB is there for--your reproductive HEALTH. And for us HGers that may mean NO MORE BABIES. Really...
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

sterilization and birth control issues

Postby mommy_bug2 » Jul 03, 2005 10:16 pm

That's the funny... My husband did have a vasectomy....

Marjie

And yes, I am young. Too young to have three children. The first two are birth control babies.... (pill and depoprivera shot)

I hate answering this question because of most people's response.... but drumroll, please I am 21, will be 22 before Baby #3 is born. I love my children but cannot continue being the baby making machine. My oldest was only 6 months old when I found out I was pregnant again. I was of course, blessed with my son. But 3 at 22? No more.

HG FREE FOREVER!!!!
mommy_bug2
Been There Done That

Postby helen-l-a » Jul 05, 2005 3:06 am

Marje

what an insensitive Dr you have... change him immediately! He has absolutely no right to decide you are too young especially when you are on Number 3!! how many more does he think you should have exactly???? :evil: I think he was left back in the victorian period when ladies just carried on having babies until their bodies packed in and they dropped down dead!.. hardly a responsible attitude to have regarding your health, your sanity or your HG.

Sorry for my outburst, :oops: but how dare he!

Helenxxx :D
Mum to.....
Luke 1990 not a HG pregnancy.
Jonathan 1994 not a HG pregnancy
Emily 1998 HG pregnancy!
Thomas Bailey 2005 HG pregnancy

helen-l-a
HG Expert

Postby caty » Jul 05, 2005 8:22 pm

Don't you just hate doctors sometimes? Before you actually switch doctors though, you might want to call around and specifically ask them what their policy is on that. I've been told that most doctors won't even consider it before you're 25. But I'm with you, after 3 babies, you should know better than he does!!

~Caty

caty
Been There Done That

testing my ticker

Postby mommy_bug2 » Jul 10, 2005 10:59 pm

Sorry everyone I deleted my ticker somehow and am now trying to get it working again, really beginning to think I'm computer illiterate

HG FREE FOREVER!!!!
mommy_bug2
Been There Done That

Postby mommy_bug2 » Jul 10, 2005 11:01 pm

asd

HG FREE FOREVER!!!!
mommy_bug2
Been There Done That

Postby rjdecker » Jul 11, 2005 12:49 pm

You know, this is your choice, not the doc's. It doesn't matter how young you are. And especially when you get so sick, it should not be a question of whether or not to do it, three kids is a good number and he should respect your decision. What if you had a major heart problem? They would certainly be encouraging you not to have any more. I don't think HG is any different. It is hard on the body, too!

Jenny
Jenny

Nathan, Megan, Amy, Kimmie, and Michael + 4 birds, 4 fish, 1 turtle, and 1 dog!
We live in a zoo!
rjdecker
Master of HG

Return to "I got crackered" (Vent)