Fed up........

Some people say the worst things . . .

Moderator: HelenA

Postby helen-l-a » Jul 20, 2005 6:04 am

Jenny, perhaps you should try shoes too??? :lol: they only need a small amount of looking after.....
And are you going to join our keep fit campaign?? the more the merrier.

Jolene I find shopping on the internet difficult at the moment... my concentration is appalling!..... just wait till I am not pg anymore......watch out shops here I come!!! and it is good exercise too... well it is kind of.. walking around and all that...

Helenxxx :D
Mum to.....
Luke 1990 not a HG pregnancy.
Jonathan 1994 not a HG pregnancy
Emily 1998 HG pregnancy!
Thomas Bailey 2005 HG pregnancy

helen-l-a
HG Expert

Postby rjdecker » Jul 20, 2005 9:43 am

Helen,

I like shoes! My problem right now is the only ones I can get on are flip flops! But I did buy a cute pair because I knew this would happen. My mother is appalled that I wear them to church :shock: But, I wouldn't be there if I didn't. I am so trying to go because my kids need me there so much! Between working and being pg four times before, I was hardly there. So, I have really sacrificed many sick days to go! But it has helped my spirits as well.

I really can't wait to go get some shoes when my feet don't look like balloons. maybe dh wouldn't get so upset! He thinks we live in an aviary :lol:

Jolene,

I will look for those sodas next time I am able to make it to a health food store. I love those stores, too! I could spend hours. The sad thing is the closest one to us is two hours away :cry:

Jenny
Jenny

Nathan, Megan, Amy, Kimmie, and Michael + 4 birds, 4 fish, 1 turtle, and 1 dog!
We live in a zoo!
rjdecker
Master of HG

Postby helen-l-a » Jul 20, 2005 11:40 am

Jenny, I can think of a 101 reasons why I think shoes are not going to be so upsetting for you dh, that is of course unless you start to invade his wardrobe space as well..... :lol:

Do your feet stay puffy til the end now? My feet are not too bad at the moment, I don't remember having any swelling before with the others, but my ankles seem to be swelling a lot with this pg. You have my sympathies.xx another thing to add to the list of endless misery associated the charms of being "up the duff" :lol: :lol:

Mum to.....
Emily 1998 HG pregnancy!

helen-l-a
HG Expert

Postby rjdecker » Jul 21, 2005 10:41 am

Helen,

My feet have never swelled with the other pgs. This is the only one! And it hurts to walk on them! I try to keep them up as much as I can during the day and that helps, but nothing gets done for baby. Can't win :roll:

I really think a closet full of shoes would be great! And my two year old would love it! She wears everyones' shoes around here. All my other kids hate to wear shoes. She loves them! It is so cute to see her walking around in one pair and begging me to put another on her at the same time! Maybe I should take her shopping with me. She might really like the isles and isles of shoes :lol:

Jenny
Jenny

We live in a zoo!
rjdecker
Master of HG

Postby helen-l-a » Jul 21, 2005 10:48 am

Ouch Jenny :!: that sounds terrible. Mine are not painful when they swell.. they are not too bad at the moment as the weather is cooler (where has our UK summer gone AGAIN!??????) so definitely hot weather based. Whats the weather like where you are?? is that the reason?

My daughter loves shoes too, but then I have to say that leave any of my shoes around and you can bet your bottom dollar that someone puts their feet in them.... :lol: (except dp, he is not into ladies shoes! :lol: ) Even Luke (15 in Dec) slips his feet into my mules when I am not looking.. but I think it is a sub-conscious thing with him.... at least I hope it is???? :shock: ... As for Emily, well, she just cracks me up when she puts her little feet into my ankle boots that go up to her knees and starts parading about! she is hilarious.

Mum to.....
Emily 1998 HG pregnancy!

helen-l-a
HG Expert

Postby rjdecker » Jul 22, 2005 9:51 am

Helen,

The weather here has been so hot! We are in the triple digits. The other day it was 107! Luckily we don't have the high humidity with it! But yes, I think the weather has to do with the swollen ankles. yesterday we had a power outage and in half an hour it got up to 85 in the house! It was miserable! It didn't last long though, which is good. Can't wait for it to cool down :P

Jenny
Jenny

We live in a zoo!
rjdecker
Master of HG

Postby helen-l-a » Jul 22, 2005 1:44 pm

Sending Icy vibes your way Jenny.... I just don't think I could cope with those sorts of temps at all!!

Mum to.....
Emily 1998 HG pregnancy!

helen-l-a
HG Expert

Postby rjdecker » Jul 22, 2005 5:07 pm

Thanks, Helen. My mom says we should be getting some rain come next week! I hope she is right! Of course, it would be our luck to have it rain on my dd birthday, as it did last year. We were planning on taking her to the "Wave Pool" where they have a wave maker and she loves it there. Well, if it rains.... last year we were planning a water fight party, but it was lightning and thundering and didn't think it would be safe. So this year, well, it almost makes me laugh, but I need the cool off so bad!

Jenny
Jenny

We live in a zoo!
rjdecker
Master of HG

Postby AmberWest » Jul 22, 2005 7:23 pm

Sorry to bring this back to the FED UP zone, but sheesh, I sure am.

Why is it when I'm sick everyone in the world that I know feels the need to go on and on at me about all the things they are doing, trips they are taking and so on. I'm just so darned tired of it. More so because I always sit there smiling and nodding and saying things like, oh yes, that's wonderful, glad you are having a nice time. (Internal dialogue... My change of pace today was making it to the couch) Glad you are getting to go to England. (Internal dialogue... Yeah, peachy, I've only wanted to go my whole life) Glad you had such a lovely time shopping.. (Internal dialogue... I wonder if a baby really does fit in a laundry basket if I can't make it out to get a crib)
I'm just so sick of it. I know they aren't really trying to rub my nose in it, but it sure feels crappy just the same. And honestly I AM happy they are having a nice time. Still, I just don't want to hear about it. :x
AmberWest
Master of HG

Postby Beth B » Jul 23, 2005 7:05 am

Amber - we ordered our crib and changing table online - JC Penney and Babies R Us - maybe that route will work for you, too?
Beth

Mom to 2 HG babies:
William 12/02
Thomas 9/05
Beth B
Opinionated HGer

Postby helen-l-a » Jul 23, 2005 9:15 am

Amber I know what you mean..... hang in there at least we will all be up and about at the end of all this... it is so hard, I feel the same way, like my life is on hold....everyone else is getting out and about having fun and doing things that are interesting.... my conversations are quite limited right now and like you find myself trying to be pleased for those who are jetting off on holiday or buying lovely things (shoes!) etc.. whilst I begin to feel sicker and sicker again!!!.. I try to think of the fact that it ends with the delivery.... we are luckier than some in that regard.. hold on to that thought it may help you tooxxx Big Hugs

Mum to.....
Emily 1998 HG pregnancy!

helen-l-a
HG Expert

Postby rjdecker » Jul 23, 2005 10:32 am

Amber,

You said it. last night when the dh came home with the paycheck, I knew I had to go get groceries as we had nothing to feed the kids. I wasn't looking forward to it. He did offer to go for me, but I insisted because I just needed to get out from these walls! And I couldn't face getting the babies ready for bed by myself. I don't know which was worse.

My friend that says she has been sick, well, off to this place and off to that place. It really makes me upset. I would like to be able to put this crud behind me and go on vacation or a nice shopping trip. She is sick, but not hyperemesis sick and it can be frustrating for me. I have found that I just have to let some of it pass, because I get so upset that I make myself sick. It hasn't been easy because I just want to cry that I am not like other pg women, it has taken me five pgs to get to this point. Just nod your head, and when they are out of earshot, vent all you want, because it does help. Just don't dwell too much on it like I have.

We are very much considering doing a lot of school shopping online because I just do not have the strength to do very much. And the dh offered, but oh dear! That might be a disaster!

Hang in there and vent any time you want! We totally know where you are coming from!

Jenny
Jenny

We live in a zoo!
rjdecker
Master of HG

Postby AmberWest » Jul 26, 2005 12:40 pm

Thank you all for the understanding.
I hate to sound like such whiner all the time. And normally I don't let it bother me too much. It's just sometimes it all hits at once with my phone ringing off the hook of people telling me all the wonderful things they are doing and it gets my back up. I'm normally such a nice person who is supportive and happy for others. Apparently not only does HG mess up our bodies, but my mind as well. :?
I did consider ordering things for the baby online, until I saw the insane shipping prices. With me now out of work yet again I just can't swing what they charge, which is nearly $100.00 everywhere I've looked. I'll probably wait a bit, perhaps november or so and just suffer a car ride to buy one.
Thanks again for the cheering up. I sure needed it.

`hugs`
Amber
AmberWest
Master of HG

Postby Jolene » Jul 26, 2005 7:07 pm

Amber,

I got free shipping at babyuniverse.com on a car seat and stroller and only had to pay 6.95$ for shipping for the co-sleeper (which by the way I am returning because we hate it). Try there, maybe you will get lucky.

Jolene
Jolene
HG Diva

Postby AmberWest » Jul 27, 2005 10:23 am

Thanks for the tip Jolene, I will totally look into that. Shipping costs was my major reason for not getting things online that might weigh more than say a diaper. :)
AmberWest
Master of HG

Previous

Return to "I got crackered" (Vent)