ROLL CALL: Where are we from?

Discuss issues unique to your country such as your health care system, medications, etc.

Moderators: Natalie, Moderators

fromCanada

Postby samib » Mar 17, 2006 8:37 pm

Hi there,

My name is Samantha, I'm from Toronto, Canada. I am 34 years old pregnant with my first :lol: Still shocked :shock: that someone can get this sick from being pregnant!

I am on Diclectin three times a day.....it really helps! A great resource in Canada is the NVP Healthline at the Hospital for Sick Children 1-800-436-8477.

Best Regards,

Sam
samib
Been There Done That

from Canada

Postby samib » Mar 17, 2006 8:39 pm

Hi there,

My name is Samantha, I'm from Toronto, Canada. I am 34 years old pregnant with my first :lol: Still shocked :shock: that someone can get this sick from being pregnant!

I am on Diclectin three times a day.....it really helps! A great resource in Canada is the NVP Healthline at the Hospital for Sick Children 1-800-436-8477.

Best Regards,

Sam
samib
Been There Done That

Postby Atsie » Mar 17, 2006 8:40 pm

Hi Sam,
Welcome to the boards. I am from Ottawa so not that far from you!
Erin
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby inkykiwi » Mar 20, 2006 10:14 am

Hi,
Ingrid from NewZealand, currently living in the UK, Midlands to be exact. Had my frist HG pregnancy in NZ, wasn't pretty, and sounds like UK NHS will be nearly as useless as CDHB in NZ.Still that what doesn't kill us... wish these conservative docs would get a little educated and pull finger so we can actually access some meds to help.

Last pregnancy my Mum was going to buy me flowers after I got out of hospital...I ask her to fill my script instead, $48 we coudn't affort and I loved those suppositories more than flowers that's for sure! Not quite as appealling as flowers. Nice to see there are some other kiwis on this forum, I thought I was the only one who suffered in the whole of the country...I obviosuly know too many fluffy bunny's!
inkykiwi
Been There Done That

Postby Sunlight » Jan 22, 2007 12:09 pm

Hi everyone im Laura from SE London, originally from Surrey.
Unfortunatly i knew i had HG before my pregnancy because my mum was diagnosed with this when she had me and my brother, what i didnt realise was HOW awful HG is :(
I started at week 6 and spoke to my GP to be prescribed Gaviscon then spoke to my midwife at 8 weeks about how severe my sickness was and all i got was "awwww, it'll get better" I had the very odd fluffy day and HG went at week 14.
1 x HG Pregnancy

ImageMake an ovulation ticker
Sunlight

Postby monkeysmum » Aug 28, 2007 3:56 am

hi my name is sarah i have had hg with all three of my children, it lasted the whole pregnancy and stopped about an hour after they were out each time. i am from from Rotorua New Zealand.
monkeysmum

Postby Trudy » Aug 28, 2007 9:24 pm

Hi Sarah,

Welcome and great to have you here. I wish I'd known the DrPhill show was on here but I missed it. Will have to see if I can get a copy.

I've survived HG 3x also but there's no way I could have done it in Rotorua. We had a year there and I never got used the smell.

We recently moved from Rotorua and are now just 40 mins up the road near Te Puke. Actually I am coming down your way tomorrow (Thurs morning) for a hospital appointment.

If you ever want to get together or anything just let me know.
Trudy

3x HG Pregnancies
Abby and Laura went to heaven Oct 2002
Beth born 21 May 2004
Adam born 7th Feb 2006

“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars".
Trudy
Forum Moderator

Postby monkeysmum » Aug 28, 2007 9:39 pm

i would love to meet you trudy i will add you you to my live messenger contacts and chat with you later as i must go get my cherubs from school right now :D
monkeysmum

Postby TrudeNO » Sep 08, 2007 11:58 am

Hello :D

I'm Trude and I live in Bergen, Norway. Found this site a while ago and it's been a great source of information and encouragement through this whole HG ordeal. I'm 26 weeks pg with my first baby, a little boy. My partner is fra Wales, but we're setteling down in Norway (for now at least)
Trude
HG survivor

TrudeNO
Been There Done That

Postby calliflower » Sep 08, 2007 1:44 pm

Hi, my name's Cal and I live in the UK. I'm mum to Alicia who is 19 months and I'm 5 weeks pregnant with baby no. 2. I had mild HG with Alicia from 6-24 weeks (in hospital for a week at 8 weeks) and am already starting to feel a bit queasy so it looks like it will be another HG pregancy :( . Anyway, hope to chat to you all whenever I can

Cal
calliflower

Postby bibliojo » Sep 09, 2007 4:22 pm

Welcome Cal! Whereabouts are you in the UK? We have quite a few ladies scattered about the UK...maybe some of them are close to you. Congratulations on your new pregnancy! Do you have a decent doctor? Will they start you off on meds early on? The preemptive treatment does prevent some ladies from getting very bad.
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby Natalie » Sep 09, 2007 4:56 pm

Hi there are welcome.

Congrats on your new lo on the way!

Have you seen the sticky at the top of this forum re: HG in the UK? Sending :bunny: vibes your way.

Love Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to HG Beyond North America