Isnt Phenergan different between Australia and U.S???

Discuss issues unique to your country such as your health care system, medications, etc.

Moderators: Natalie, Moderators

Isnt Phenergan different between Australia and U.S???

Postby nikki0072004 » Mar 23, 2005 10:08 am

Hi!

I just saw someone saying below they were on Phenergan in the U.S and Australia.

I used to live in Australia, and my brother is always on Phenergan for allergies. I thought it was a anti-allergy med?

Is it the same here in the U.S? I guess I never knew that it had a alternate use other than for sickness, but is it also used for allergies????

So confusing!!!

Nikki
HG babies 1+2: Mommys angels
HG baby 3: Bayden 28mos
HG babies 4+5: Twins due July.
nikki0072004
Welcomed Friend

Postby HelenA » Apr 01, 2005 8:48 am

I found this on a website, so I guess it's used for a variety of ailments.

Phenergan is an antihistamine that relieves nasal stuffiness and inflammation and red, inflamed eyes caused by hay fever and other allergies. It is also used to treat itching, swelling, and redness from hives and other rashes; allergic reactions to blood transfusions; and, with other medications, anaphylactic shock (severe allergic reaction).

Phenergan is also used as a sedative and sleep aid for both children and adults, and is prescribed to prevent and control nausea and vomiting before and after surgery and to prevent and treat motion sickness. It is also used, with other medications, for pain after surgery.

HTH xx
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Return to HG Beyond North America