What is craziest or funniest thing you did when you had HG?

Share an uplifting story from your pregnancy or triumph over HG to help others find a way to laugh & remain hopeful. Post your children's updates, brag pics, and milestones.

Moderator: RebeccaM

What is craziest or funniest thing you did when you had HG?

Postby BethersinMN » Nov 07, 2007 10:55 pm

First Story:

I had to have Sorbet every morning with my pregnancy with my son. So, at that time, married to my ex-husband, we had one car, so I would wait till he was gone, and then take a cab to go to the store have the cab wait and then get my sorbet and go back to my cab. :wink: And all was right in Bethers HG Island World. LOL

Bethers
BethersinMN- Justin 1/9/96 SEVERE HG (9 wks-36.5 wks) Ryan 4/18/09 (HG & Severe Preeclampsia and Hellp at 25 wks emerg c-sec 29 weeks) and 4 beautiful angels 05/21/04, 11/16/04, 7/28/06 & 10/6/12 forever loved with God & my parents till we are all together. We have begun another journey to bring another Baby-Love home. God please grant us faith, strength, courage, patientence and love through this each and every day.
BethersinMN
HG Diva

Postby *** » Nov 10, 2007 7:18 pm

I had to watch the food network. (dreaming of food, sometimes I couldn't watch anything.) Now I hate the food network!!!!!!!!!!!
Forum Moderator

Postby Proudmama » Nov 10, 2007 11:38 pm

We were on a first name basis with a local restaurant in town. The only thing I could keep down (even in the third trimester) was FOODMENT one potato skin and a sweet roll per day END FOODMENT. I could only drink DRINKMENT Unsweetened Fresh Brewed Iced Tea END DRINKMENT. I would get a cup of that and would sip on it all day (and not even finish it). When my DH would call to order, they knew exactly who we were, what it was for and would bring it out to the car so I would not have to get out :D (they offered no service like this).

After I had DD, we sent a thank you note to them and took her to meet the wonderful woman that always took the order and brought out my food.
Last edited by Proudmama on Dec 15, 2007 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
Proudmama
Master of HG

Postby Susannah » Nov 11, 2007 12:09 am

In the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy with ELizabeth, I could only drink DRINKMENT 1/2 seltzer and 1/2 fresh squeezed OJ from a local restaurant. I used to spend hours at the bar sipping on it to stay hydrated. I too ELizabeth in to meet them at 2 weeks and left a thank you note with her pic. They still joke they are her aunties and uncles.
Susannah
Elizabeth born at home 5/25/06 HG 8 weeks-delivery
Rose became our angel 8/2/07
Grace born at home 5/23/08 HG 7 weeks-delivery

Susannah
Forum Moderator

Postby MichellevsHG » Nov 14, 2007 1:05 pm

Cried hysterically in Walgreens with the pharmicist. So embarrssing! For us both!

I took Maddie into see her already - in fact just this past Monday, I thanked the Pharm girl for everything she did to help me . . . and apoligized AGAIN for crying! :roll:

You know I sent thank you notes and pics of Maddie to my Ob office, the hospital, the Peri, and my GP. :) I'm soooo thankful for their help! Maddie wouldn't be here without all of them!
DD, 9/14/07, (6w -38w) Severe HG (induced due to PreE) - barely treated until 20w; 40+lbs weight loss; multiple ER/hospital visits, PICC, zofran, benedryl, zantac, & baby aspirin; new Ob at 21/22w; mild Polyhydramnios (37w)

Loss, 9/17/13 (11w6d), Aggressively treated severe HG from 5w - 5% weightloss in 6 days, IV protonix/fluids/zofran @ 8w; zofran pump, benedryl, phenergan, zantac, baby aspirin

Loss, 12/7/13 (4w5d)

Angel Sent to Heaven, 10/21/92 (7w4d), Undiagnosed/Untreated Severe HG
MichellevsHG
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Stories of Hope & Humor