The other side of pregnancy..inspiration

Share an uplifting story from your pregnancy or triumph over HG to help others find a way to laugh & remain hopeful. Post your children's updates, brag pics, and milestones.

Moderator: RebeccaM

The other side of pregnancy..inspiration

Postby keripi » Nov 10, 2007 9:41 am

This probably doesn't belong in this forum but I wasn't sure where to post it. For those of you who are now on the other side of pregnancy, can you tell us all the wonderful things about being finished.
tastes..
smells..
feelings..
etc.

This would be a great inspiration to me!
Induction date: Jan 31 @ 38 weeks
keripi
Been There Done That

Postby bandmom » Nov 12, 2007 12:02 pm

I second that motion!!!

Heather
11 wks pg
bandmom
Opinionated HGer

Postby Hilary » Nov 12, 2007 12:48 pm

I love that I can drink all the water I want. Whenever I want! I am never dehydrated!

And my little boy makes each moment of HG hell worth it. I would do it all again for him.
It is worth it. Absolutly
Hilary
Devoted to You

Postby _Laurie » Nov 13, 2007 9:32 am

After HGing, I have a love for life that I think I never had before. Every detail that was so horrific during HG is now wonderful to me. I remember at one point in my last pg after weeks of being on TPN and not keeping a bite of food down, asking Robin (my HG buddy) if I would ever want to or be able to eat again. I really thought maybe I wouldn't (and this after 2 other HG pregnancies). She assured me I would. And I would love food again. She was right. :) After I delivered all 3 times, food never tasted so good, smells were never as aromatic, and I just appreciated more about life in general. (Like Hilary, I LOVE water. It's way more important to me than it ever was before). I never want to lose that appreciation; I always want to "relish" life like that.

HG will come to an end. And life will go on, better than ever because the best part of all is that you'll have a new little one in your arms. And that little one will make every moment of HG (as terrible as it is/was) totally and completely worth it.

What you're going through right now is SO hard. But a year from now, you'll be where I am, with a 9+mo old and you'll be encouraging someone else that HG really will end. You will enjoy life again.

Big hugs! :hugs:
Laurie
3HG pregnancies: 2 sweet girls 4/01, 4/03, and my twins 1/27/07

We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world.
-Helen Keller
_Laurie
Forum Moderator

Postby teddi » Nov 13, 2007 4:16 pm

Moving this thread to Stories of Hope and Humor ! It's a perfect thread for that folder.
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Postby jen1473 » Nov 13, 2007 4:35 pm

I CANNOT WAIT until I can enjoy eating again. The daily ins and outs of choosing what to eat, when, how, etc. is so awful. It really does feel like it will never go back to normal.

Glad to hear that I will be ok again when I get to the other side. I've already done it twice - but I agree that I am still questioning whether it will be ok again after a 3rd.

This is a good post - I hope others chime in to give us HGing girlies something to look forward to!
~Jennifer~
3x HG Survivor!

jen1473
Devoted to You

Postby MichellevsHG » Nov 13, 2007 10:55 pm

Good thread!

When Maddie was first born, my mom asked me if I thought she was worth it. I was upset, because I didn't think (at the time) anything was worth 24/7 :verygreen: and :sickfast: BUT then one day I coo'ed to Maddie and she smiled back at me. She smiled! Oh how my heart melted and I cried! It was at that very moment that I knew she was worth every puke, weepuke, Zofran :takingzofran: , hospital IV, PICC, and anything else I had to endure to get her here - and I've been thanking God for not listening to me on the worst of my HG days. :(

I love her smell - that baby smell, even if they have spit up on them, they still have that baby smell. *sigh* I love that her smell doesn't make me sick. :wink:

Eating. Even though my appetite hasn't been back too much, I've promised to never eat and take its taste for granted. My mom cooked us dinner for a week after we came home - all of my favorites. Gosh, they tasted so good. It took me forever to eat!

And touch . . . my Dh and I can sleep in the same bed now and I'm not :verygreen: just because he "moved" or the sound of his breathing made me :sickfast: . We can lay in bed and he can hold me and I don't feel sick. I didn't know how much I missed that until now.

There is an end to HG hell and you get to keep the best prize of all. :hugs:

(oh and its been said many times before - HG babies are the cutest ever!!)
DD, 9/14/07, (6w -38w) Severe HG (induced due to PreE) - barely treated until 20w; 40+lbs weight loss; multiple ER/hospital visits, PICC, zofran, benedryl, zantac, & baby aspirin; new Ob at 21/22w; mild Polyhydramnios (37w)

Loss, 9/17/13 (11w6d), Aggressively treated severe HG from 5w - 5% weightloss in 6 days, IV protonix/fluids/zofran @ 8w; zofran pump, benedryl, phenergan, zantac, baby aspirin

Loss, 12/7/13 (4w5d)

Angel Sent to Heaven, 10/21/92 (7w4d), Undiagnosed/Untreated Severe HG
MichellevsHG
Forum Moderator

Return to Stories of Hope & Humor