My story

Share an uplifting story from your pregnancy or triumph over HG to help others find a way to laugh & remain hopeful. Post your children's updates, brag pics, and milestones.

Moderator: RebeccaM

My story

Postby hollyb » Nov 06, 2005 3:41 pm

My name is Holly and I've had 2 HG pg and have two beautiful children Gabriel born 07-02-2001 and Grace Karen born 02-22-2003 and we are now trying for our third for those out there who have HG and no children yet they truly are worth it! I lost my mother and my best friend in July of 2000 to brain cancer and I was so happy when I found out I was pg I thought finnally something good I was even excited the first time I felt sick about the 6th week because I was told that was a good sign The dr kept telling me just wait for the 12 week point and I should be feeling better I was in and out of the hospital for fluids but saw the light at the end because I was coming up on that magic 12 weeks it came and went with no change the Dr. gave me phenergen suppositorys and still no relief then she tried zofran and that finally gave me some relief but the nausa was still constant after losing 25lbs I quit losing weight and stayed the same until about 71/2 months pg I finally started putting some of the weight back on I continued on zofran until my son was born weighing 7lbs 13 oz and I walked out of the Hospital lighter than when I got pg. I then found out when my son was 11 months old that we were going to have another baby and again at 6 week pg it started all over again the only good thing was that the dr.took it much more serious this time and started meds right away she started with the phenergen again but it still wasn't helpful so she gave me zofran and I thought that I would quit losing weight but I didn't so at 5 months and 20lbs later she decided to send me to see her Dr. who emmediatly put me in the hospital for a week and had a pic line put in my arm and sent me home on home nurse care I don't know how many others have had this problem but I also had kidney stones with both of my pgs due to severe dehydration.After coming home from my hospital stay my dr. called and wanted to add some more meds I was then taking zofran b6 sominex and famotadine and that really helped me I even got to enjoy a couple months of my pg had my pic line removed I did stay on all my meds until 02/22/2003 when my daughter was born we named her middle name after my mom. I think she even looks a lot like her! And now we are going to try again!! Holly
Last edited by hollyb on Apr 03, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Holly two time Hger & mommy to Gabriel James 7-02-01 & Grace Karen 2-22-03 & 1mc 9/05
hollyb

Hi

Postby Bethers » Nov 06, 2005 8:00 pm

Holly:

I admire your strength and courage. I am so sorry about your mom. I can say I know how you feel, unfortunatly. I am excited for you to have another baby. We can get through it together. Hopefully soon!!

Baby Dust to you.

Love, Bethers
Bethers -Mom to Justin 1-9-96 HG hospitalized 40+. Mom to 2 angels 5-21-04 & 11-16-04. Will ttc in Feb 2006. 2 more Months OMG!!!rl=http://www.tickercentral.com]Image[/url]
Bethers
Been There Done That

Postby PamelaRose » Nov 06, 2005 9:31 pm

Welcome, Holly. I lost my mom to cancer, too, and her name was also Karen. My dauthers both have her name included in their middle names (Kathren and Karleen), and I can't tell you how many times we've commented how much they look and act like their Grandma Karen. A comforting thought! I wish you the best as you ttc.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Return to Stories of Hope & Humor