An introduction to a new co-moderator

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

An introduction to a new co-moderator

Postby carla » Nov 14, 2006 6:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to post some background information about me, with the hopes of helping you plan for your own HG battle.

I am a 30 year old teacher living in Western Canada. I have been with my dh, Steve, for 8 years.

I am a 2 time HG survivor, one of which ended in a loss, and one which ended in my dd Gracee. I found the forums after my loss. It was a huge help in educating me about HG. The support that I received throughout ttc, and my pregnancy with Gracee, made things much easier to deal with. I spent many months reasearching and developing a protocol to get me through the HG horror. I had HG right to the bitter end with Gracee. The medications helped ease the vomitting, but I never found much to help with the constant nausea. I suffered from the horrible smells and over salivation, and spent over 6 weeks hospitalized. I suffered from spd. This caused me to have terrible pelvic pain and back troubles. Towards the end of the pregnancy I also started to get pre-eclampsia. I was induced the day after my due date and had a lovely 20 hour labor. It is my goal to use my experiences to help others suffering.

I hope that I can now turn the tables and assist you through this challenge. You are always welcome to PM me. I will try my best to answer as many posts that I can. Good luck with your journey and lean on us for support when you need.
Severe HG with DD (Gracee) 30/03/2006
Severe HG with DD (Amara) 01/04/2008
carla
HG Diva

Postby Susannah » Jun 20, 2007 10:46 am

Carla has been so helpful in my prep for HG that I thought I would join her in helping others prep.

I have had one HG pregnancy. My HG peaked in second trimester and would prob be classified as mild, although its so hard for me to call being out of work for 24 weeks of pregnancy and sick to the bitter end mild. After being diagnosed and put on meds at 19 weeks, I got IV fluids a few times and took oral zofran, meclizine, and a miriad of other meds for :takingzofran: and acid reflux.

I had Elizabeth at home in a pool of water set up near our bed. My midwife, DH, acupunturist and a friend were by my side to welcome DD. My parents and DH's parents arrived 10 minutes later to meet the new addition. Someone asked me then- cord still attatched- if I would have another and I said yes.

Since giving birth a year ago, I have been back at work part time as a nurse and lactation consultant. I have also started facillitating a 6-12 month baby play group which is loads of fun. I have also been slowly prepping my mind, body and plans for a second child. I hope to get a :positive: any day now.

I look forward to helping you prep. :hugs:
Susannah
Elizabeth born at home 5/25/06 HG 8 weeks-delivery
Rose became our angel 8/2/07
Grace born at home 5/23/08 HG 7 weeks-delivery

Susannah
Forum Moderator

Return to Preparation for HG