Liver Cleansing information?

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

Liver Cleansing information?

Postby IslandDreamer » Feb 14, 2005 10:12 am

Hi,

I'm not preparing for HG but thought you folks would know about liver cleansing. What can you tell me? Moms on the ppd board I visit are talking about it in relation to meds, ppd, recovery. What have you learned about liver cleansing in relationship to HG and other conditions?

Thanks in advance.
Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby PamelaRose » Feb 26, 2005 7:24 pm

I know a few HGers who did liver detox before their pregnancies, and they felt that it had made an effect, or that at least they were healthier going into their pregnancies. Some went the milk thistle route, and a few did a fruit cleansing. I can't remember more details, but we talked about it back at HuGS quite a bit when a group of us were planning again, and I had hoped to detox before getting pregnant last time. Didn't work out, but I intend to look into it again now just for my own good. :) You can still go back and search through the archives at HuGS to find info--forums.delphiforums.com/hugstalk/
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby nomore » Feb 26, 2005 8:05 pm

Suzanne,

I have posted some info on this. I am currently doing a liver and body detox. I am seeing an accpunturist and detoxing with chinese herbs mixed with milk thistle and these body pure foot detox pads. I have noticed an INCREDIBLE difference in my overall health right now (not pregnant). I feel good again, less tired, my metabolism and hormones are more normal, etc. I have posted about this in alternative meds and also prep for hg folders.

I would recommend this to anyone :)

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby PamelaRose » Feb 26, 2005 10:25 pm

That sounds great, Robin! I'm looking into a liver cleansing just because... Maybe I'll see if a local homeopath I know has any information.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Natalie » Feb 27, 2005 3:40 pm

Hi Suzanne

Sorry I didn't get back to you before about the liver cleansing detox tea. I can't find my original thread...
Anyways, I never did take it. It sat in my cupboard waiting for me to do my HG prep. Then we decided to start ttc 3 months earlier than planned and boom - got pg staright away! Now it is too late but if I ever have any more, I will defo. try it.

Kirsty in NZ did a liver detox and this time round (w/ #3) has only had mild ms so maybe you could catch up with her????

Best wishes

Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Return to Preparation for HG