HG and Miscarriages

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

HG and Miscarriages

Postby H1012D » Apr 26, 2013 8:37 am

So, this is something you guys can relate to, but as I found out, no one else can. I am finishing up a miscarriage and people on a grief and loss board I'm on have been really supportive.

However, I posted that I didn't want to be pregnant I just wanted my baby, and that I had just finished almost an entire trimester of HG Hell just to miscarry my son. I was ATTACKED. Women came out of the woodwork to curse me, yell at me, and call me horrible names, saying that I was selfish and how dare I post something like that when these women all just wanted to be pregnant.

WOW.

I know that the women I was talking to are grieving, too, but was that really necessary? They also did NOT seem to understand that yes, I was throwing up before, but no, I was not pregnant, I was just waiting to miscarry. They actually put "suffering" in quotes, like I was lying or being dramatic.

This is really the first time I have had such a volatile reaction to talking about my HG. I am really shocked and dismayed that people are so unsupportive.
H1012D

Re: HG and Miscarriages

Postby leahmsilverman » Apr 28, 2013 1:11 pm

Wow! That is awful! They were most definitely not coming from a place of trying to understand you and what you'd been through. I'm so sorry that happened. :(
DS 12/22/08, hg from 10wks to birth
DS 09/15/10, hg from 6wks to birth
DS due in 08/2013, hg from 4wks to birth

Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC)
leahmsilverman
Been There Done That

Re: HG and Miscarriages

Postby teddi » Jun 24, 2013 11:35 pm

They don't understand, and they'll never understand. When I didn't HG and just had NVP, I was so relieved and grateful even though I was extremely sad and heartbroken. . . There's more than one hell. Until you visit the other ones, you just don't know anything other than what you know...
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Return to Preparation for HG