Thinking about trying again!

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

Thinking about trying again!

Postby Edensmomma » Oct 23, 2013 2:24 pm

Hi ladies,

I used to be on here a lot with my past pregnancies, but It's been a while. I have a five year old and a one year old daughter. Both HG babies, many losses in between. HG with them all. This website literally made me able to carry my two babies to term. I was undiagnosed and cracked before this site, Im so very thankful. My last pregnancy was pretty well managed with zofran, phenergan, b6, unisome, and clonapin (a benzoziapien ususally used to anxiety). I did some research and benzos actually seem to help HG quite a bit, not completely comsidered safe, but makes HG livable. SO....husband and I are debating number three. Half of me feels like we should count are blessings and be done, and half of me wants one more. My husband is in the same place. To make matters more complicated, I have polyscystic ovaries so we arent even sure when/if I could get pregnant again. However, I have lost a god amount of wieght which usually regulates my cycles. I am still nursing, so not sure if I am even ovualting. Lots to think about, just wanted to reintroduce myself and put it all out there :).Good luck to everyone! :)
Edensmomma
Been There Done That

Re: Thinking about trying again!

Postby ellie » Jan 19, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi. I recently found this sight and was excited to have found it. My husband and I just decided (7 years after our first with severe HG) to try and have another child and I am hoping that treating early will help this time. Also having the support from those who know what I went through will help. I can understand the debate for more kids. Whatever your decision in neither is an easy one. I wish you the best of luck as well.
ellie

Re: Thinking about trying again!

Postby angelicadawn » Jun 04, 2014 2:47 am

My husband and I are talking about trying again as well. I too struggle with PCOS and getting pregnant, so it's a blessing to get pregnant, but I feel so selfish when I hesitate about having another. I guess I can't decide how self sacrificing I am. Good luck in trying and getting pregnant and I hope for HG to not be present, but if it is to be light for you.
angelicadawn

Return to Preparation for HG