Can I do this?

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

Can I do this?

Postby CML46 » Jul 05, 2016 9:43 am

Hi,

I have spent weeks trawling through preparation for HG.

My partner & I have decided that we are going to try for a baby afterall.

We have both looked on here together & got a list of vitamins pre natally that could possibly help HG etc (even though I want to be a bit clearer on amounts)

Today I have found myself reading stories of HG again though which I have avoided. I am now sat wondering if I would be strong enough to do it as last time I wasnt. For all I know I could already be pregnant. I really want to try but I really dont know how I am going to feel if HG takes over.
CML46

Re: Can I do this?

Postby serephimlafey » Jul 05, 2016 11:01 pm

Sadly all we can do is prepair for the worse and hope for the best. My daughter was my most well managed hg. I was super sick from 7 weeks to 16 weeks but managed a medicated fluffy after that. I also didn't wait for days to go to er for fluids and was super on top of everything. that helped a lot.
Barbara
Mommy to
Eli, Dec 02, first hg baby
Luc, Mar 06, second hg baby
Mairin Jade, Nov 13, 3rd hg baby
And baby #4 due early Aug. Hg from 5 weeks
serephimlafey
Been There Done That

Postby smatarazzo » Jul 06, 2016 8:51 pm

I'm in a similar boat but I believe the answer for me is, yes. It isn't going to be easy, actually it is going to be really, really hard. I think there is a lot of great advice on helping prepare and advocate for yourself but it is still going to suck. The good news is that there is an end date and the reward is a wonderful child that brings so much more joy then the pain you endured. Good luck with your decision!
smatarazzo

Postby CML46 » Jul 07, 2016 7:42 am

Thanks for the input ladies.

I have been quite off with my partner all week as my heads all over about my descision. It is so hard.

I would absolutely love too try but I am just worried incase I end up wanting a termination or wishing for miscarriage. I know that if that happened I wouldnt ever try again :(

I am pretty sure that my partner doesnt believe I can do it either as when I spoke to him about it he just said he agrees its too much so I think maybe its best to scrap the idea. He has a child already though and atm I am hating being around him. Once he is there I am ok but I feel so awkward & dread the days I know he is coming to us. We both agreed that we probrably wouldnt survive together if I dont have a child. I play a mother figure to his son every time he is there & I said I couldnt continue that I dont think.

Really not sure where to go from here.
CML46

Postby smatarazzo » Sep 30, 2016 12:44 pm

If you think your relationship can only work if you have a child, maybe it isn't a good idea to add that to the mix. Children are wonderful and they bring so much joy but I don't think they solve anything and usually increase stress and conflict even in the strongest relationships.
Good luck!
smatarazzo

Return to Preparation for HG