Side effect of Zofran???

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

Side effect of Zofran???

Postby jlgrafix » May 31, 2004 11:19 am

The last few days I have deveopled incredable headaches, right between the eyes. It always seems to happen about an hour after I take my zofran. Has anyone come across this. I don't know if it's just me or if it's a side effect of zofran. I haven't had this happen before so I don't know why it would start all of a sudden.

Jen
----------------
Jen
DS 9-01 (HG from weeks 6-32)
Due with DD Jan 12, 05 (HG started at 6 weeks and still going)
jlgrafix

Postby yellowm3 » Jun 01, 2004 2:11 pm

I would definitely give your doctor a call, Jen. There's a long list of possible side effects of Zofran and headaches is on there but then again it could be something else that's causing them.
yellowm3

Postby yellowm3 » Jun 01, 2004 2:16 pm

I would definitely give your doctor a call, Jen. There's a long list of possible side effects of Zofran and headaches is on there but then again it could be something else that's causing them.
yellowm3

Postby jlgrafix » Jun 01, 2004 2:22 pm

Thanks I did give the doc a call this morning and she suggested taking two tylnol when I take the zofran and luckily today that worked. I was so worried I wouldn't be able to continue the Zofran.

What puzzels me is why this is happening now. I have been taking it for over two weeks nothing until now.

She also suggested maybe taking the zofran at night and seeing if it would continue working for the following day.

Jen
----------------
Jen
jlgrafix

Postby babykismet » Jun 01, 2004 2:51 pm

Yikes! Just take your Zofran at night. That seems like it would be very hard to do. I would literally count down the minutes till my next dose when I was pg.
From what I read, you need to take the Zofran on a consistant dosing schedule and keep them evenly spaced throughout a 24hr period to get the best results. I could be misinformed but it seems like this is the best way to keep the proper dosage in you at all times.
But, there are other meds to try. Kytril or Anzemet is in the same class of drugs as Zofran. You might ask your doc about one of those. Or have you tried them already?
Hope the tylenol continues to work for you.
Hugs,
~Diana,
1 HG pregnancy, 1 m/c at 13 weeks with mild HG
Mommy to Katie ~ 7-01
Preparing to try to conceive again
babykismet

Postby jlgrafix » Jun 01, 2004 2:55 pm

I haven't heard of Kytril or Anzemet.

On my next visit I might bring these up. It just makes me nervous taking all these medication.

And I have a feeling taking the Zofran at night isn't going to help. I usually only need 4mg in the morning and I'm ok. Still feel like crap but can keep most of my food down.

Thanks for the additional info.

Jen
----------------
Jen
jlgrafix

Re: Side effect of Zofran???

Postby MamaLily » Jun 01, 2004 11:22 pm

Jen -

One of my friends took zofran when she was going through some treatments for lupus. It was not related to HG or pregnancy or anything. But she said the headaches were so intense. So I know that it can be a side effect of Zofran. If the Tylenol controls the headache so that you can still take Zofran, that sounds good to me!

- Anna
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Return to Preparation for HG