Resources for Loss

Help with physical and emotional healing for moms who have suffered loss.

Moderators: justme, ***, deb

Resources for Loss

Postby IslandDreamer » Feb 20, 2005 10:55 pm

Dear Friends:

You are invited to share your children here whether you have suffered the miscarriage (before 20 weeks), stillbirth (after 20 weeks), termination (at any time), or neonatal death of your child(ren). While this board exists as a place for HG Moms to grieve the loss of their children, it is also understood that coming to the HER Forum immediately after a loss may be difficult because of associations with your pregnancy and the presence of so many expectant Moms.

In case it is too difficult to post here at HER Foundation Boards for any reason, such as those mentioned above, I am pinning some grief resources. My goal in pinning these resources is to offer information on what is available and to allow you to benefit from the experiences of other bereaved parents. All opinions expressed here are my own, based on my personal experiences with these sites or based on experiences shared with me. These opinions do not represent the views of the HER Foundation and its leadership. All sites that are known to be for (or receptive to) women who have terminated pregnancies are indicated with an asterisk (*).

Wherever you are in your grief journey, you are welcome to post and reply here on this board. If you have not suffered a personal loss, your are still very welcome to offer your support to the parents who grieve here.

Remembering our children always,
Suzanne
Last edited by IslandDreamer on Feb 20, 2005 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Online Nonprofit Organizations

Postby IslandDreamer » Feb 20, 2005 10:58 pm

The Compassionate Friends
Compassionate Friends has downloadable brochures on many child loss topics as well multiple links to organizations that provide support.

Hannah's Prayer*
This Christian website offers support for infertility and related issues, including adoption and loss. There is a password protected board for post-abortive Moms called God's Grace.
Last edited by IslandDreamer on Dec 15, 2006 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Books on Loss and Grief

Postby IslandDreamer » Feb 20, 2005 11:03 pm

Centering Corporation
Extensive grief resources available online and by phone. Many of the books I read in my first days of grief were purchased through Centering.

Empty Arms: Coping with miscarriage, stillbirth, and infant death by Sherokee Ilse. Winter Green Press: Maple Plain, MN, 2002. (Or anything else by Sherokee Ilse)

Christine Moulder (Currently looking for the title, but I've heard wonderful things. I have yet to read her work.)

Miscarriage: Women Sharing From The Heart by Marie Allen, PhD, and Shelly Marks, MS. John Wiley & Sons: New York, 1993.

Our Stories of Miscarriage: Healing with Words edited by Rachel Faldet and Karen Fitton. Fairview Press: Minneapolis, 1997.

Christian Grief and Loss:

I'll Hold You in Heaven by Jack Hayford *

I'll Hold You in Heaven Remembrance Book by Debbie Heydrick

Free to Grieve by Maureen Rank

Empty Arms by Pam Vredelt

I would like to add texts that are consistent with other faith structures but cannot evaluate these books as a believer in that faith might. Please please post here about excellent books or sites on loss that are consistent with your religious beliefs.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby HGx3 » Feb 21, 2005 2:34 am

Suzanne,
God Bless you for your efforts here. You are the perfect moderator for this forum, and I know you will help someone tremendously.

All my love and support.....
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Post-Abortion Link

Postby IslandDreamer » Mar 12, 2005 1:11 pm

If you go to www.tabs.org.nz (Trauma After Birth), click on "Links" and you'll be taken to P.A.T.H.S.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby IslandDreamer » May 27, 2007 1:42 am

Shall we edit and update this thread?
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Return to Loss, Grief & Recovery