Adoption Agencies

Share your questions about and experiences with adoption or surrogacy pregnancy alternatives.

Moderators: Atsie, caleighbelle47

Adoption Agencies

Postby Amyadoptee » Nov 08, 2007 11:54 am

Since I am an Indiana adoptee, I am trying to completely understand the Indiana adoption system for lack of a better word. I don't know if anyone here has adopted out of Indiana. How do you investigate agencies?

I am not trying to start anything about any particular agency/attorney. In the state of Texas, the CPS website has a link that allows prospective adoptive parents to look at the violations, inspections, and complaints filed against adoption agencies. It even includes the Gladney Center. I am surprised that they were on the list.

I can't find that information on the state of Indiana website. I have been all over that site and can't find anything.

Is it just word of mouth? What do you consider unethical and how do you find out about it when looking to adopt? How do you as prospective adoptive parents protects yourselves?

You can all email be at amyburt40@yahoo.com. It appears that in the state of Indiana, no one living adoption is really protected except from themselves. Like we really need it.
Amyadoptee

Return to Adoption & Surrogacy