Wow I never noticed this forum before!

Share your questions about and experiences with adoption or surrogacy pregnancy alternatives.

Moderators: Atsie, caleighbelle47

Wow I never noticed this forum before!

Postby Jenny » Feb 21, 2006 9:56 pm

I have not been to this board! But just today we went for our first adoption meeting with the county good timing in finding it I suppose!

I am nervous and excited to see where we are in a year. Will we conceive and carry a healthy baby? Will we adopt? I am too old (as my dad loves to point out) to just wait and hope. I need to be proactive on all fronts. We are brand new to the idea of adoption (though dh was adopted as a newborn). Right now we are looking at fost-adopt, but I have HUGE reservations about that. DH doesn't want embryo adoption because he figures if we can't have a bio child, then he doesn't want me to go through HG again. Haven't really thought about foreign adoption.

Anyone who knows anything feel free to give me your input. I am soo very brand new to this.

much love all

Jenny
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Postby Marie » Feb 28, 2006 1:56 pm

((((Jenny))))

My sitter adopted her children from foster parenting. Perhaps that is another option?

Sorry I am not much help in this area. Please keep us updated on what you decide. Here to support you no matter which road you choose to travel.

Hugs,
Marie
HG baby arrived 11/18/99.
Lost an Angel 6/04.
HG baby arrived 7/01/05.
Marie
Master of HG

Postby Jenny » Feb 28, 2006 2:18 pm

I think we have settled against adoption at least for the time being.
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Hi Jen

Postby BethersinMN » Mar 12, 2006 6:34 pm

Adoption is great. We were going to do it but after going through the homestudy and fingerprinting etc. and spending a lot of money we backed out we were active etc. We lost a lot of money but I just really wanted to carry another child and didn't want to deal with visits with the birthmom and the worry of the effects of smoking or drug usage. It's a great option but we chose not to at this time.
BethersinMN- Justin 1/9/96 SEVERE HG (9 wks-36.5 wks) Ryan 4/18/09 (HG & Severe Preeclampsia and Hellp at 25 wks emerg c-sec 29 weeks) and 4 beautiful angels 05/21/04, 11/16/04, 7/28/06 & 10/6/12 forever loved with God & my parents till we are all together. We have begun another journey to bring another Baby-Love home. God please grant us faith, strength, courage, patientence and love through this each and every day.
BethersinMN
HG Diva

Postby Ivydragon » Mar 15, 2006 5:18 pm

We know tons about adoption.

Adam was a fost-adopt adoption when we were living in Utah.

Let me know if you have more questions. The fost-adopt is probably the scariest way to adopt - with foreign being the least risky legally. We have friends who have adopted foreign, and are right now, and we working on getting licensed to adopt domestically.

Huge hugs,

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to Adoption & Surrogacy