Question for you all

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

Question for you all

Postby Proudmama » Oct 02, 2006 2:43 am

I was wondering if any of you ladies whose DH has had a vasectomy are using other birth control methods? I am just so scared to get pregnant again but the pill makes me feel sick. Is the vasectomy enough for you all? My DH has not received the "all clear" yet as he had his vesectomy about three weeks ago so I am really worried about everything just about now :? .

Thanks
Jamie
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
Proudmama
Master of HG

Postby allym » Oct 02, 2006 9:39 am

Hi Jamie,

Yes, we definatly still used birth control until we got the all clear. We used condoms, which arn't ideal but we thought it was better for him to do that than for me to go on the pill. we now have the all clear and I am still afraid. I told my dh that we can only do it outside of the ovulation window, that makes me feel a little better. Friends of ours hadn't got the ok after his vasectomy and didn't use protection and she just had number 3 which they weren't expecting. Better safe than sorry.

Alexandra
Conner (severe hg) April 8, 1996
Jacob - (no hg) March 25, 1999
Isabella - (mod hg) March 10, 2006
allym
Been There Done That

Postby BrandiJK » Oct 02, 2006 1:31 pm

It takes, they say,. about 2 months for everything to 'clear on out', and so you need to use anothe rbirth control method.

We just moved past our alloted time frame, and now are testing no birthcontrol. Scary as all get out, but ya gotta start somewhere!!!!!
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby mshellebean27 » Oct 03, 2006 3:30 pm

My DH got his snip today and I also have a IUD, but I will have my IUD removed in a few months.. Michelle
mshellebean27
Been There Done That

Postby Proudmama » Oct 04, 2006 4:03 am

Thanks everyone. We are taking other precautions but I am just so very nervous about an "oops". I get a little queasy and I freak out about being pregnant again :roll: . HG is so unfair.

Thanks Again
Jamie
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
Proudmama
Master of HG

Postby HelenA » Oct 08, 2006 8:54 am

My DF is having the snip soon, he hasn't made the appointment yet, but I've warned him he's not coming anywhere near me until he does..lol I spoke to my midwife about it the other day and she says that you should use other means of contraception as they need to have three clear specemines before they class it as a successful vasectomy. I will probably have the depo, as I was on that years ago and had no problems. I definitely will NOT be taking the pill, as been there, done that, and you've seen JJ right?? :wink:

So yeah, I would take precautions until he has been given the all clear.
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Return to No more for me!?