so sad, but for the best...

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

so sad, but for the best...

Postby mshellebean27 » Oct 03, 2006 1:21 pm

It's final.. He had the big"V" today.. I am so sad, but know it is for the good.. I am a little mad at my husband for taking the choice to have another baby away from me. I know every woman must be sad when the choice is gone. I hope the hurt feelings go away soon. I guess one good thing is I can enjoy sex now without worring I will pregnant and sick again. Michelle
mshellebean27
Been There Done That

Postby BrandiJK » Oct 03, 2006 2:50 pm

ImageImage(((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))ImageImage
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby Feathery » Oct 03, 2006 2:54 pm

Hey:

Yes....its sad. I was just sitting here thinking about the same thing. About not being preg again. And my little one is only 6 days old! But you're right..its is such a final decision in terms of pregnancy. But not in terms of having another child if you'd consider adoption.

At any rate...love and cuddle that little one of yours as much as you can. They grow so fast and get so wiggly (my 2 yo is hard to catch!). :D

:hugs:
Heather
Gabriel-3.3.04
Eliseâ€â€
Feathery
Been There Done That

Postby BrandiJK » Oct 03, 2006 3:35 pm

Hun...maybe I am behind here so I thought I should ask. Did you know he was getting fixed today before it happened?

My husband was going to get fixed no matter how I felt about it. I was so mad at him. Luckily, I had decided before his date came along. But he would have done it anyway, no matter how ready I was. Ready to not be pg and ready to be done, they sound the same but they are not.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))) again!
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby caleighbelle47 » Oct 03, 2006 6:48 pm

-Angela
Isabella- October 2004
John- September 2005
Phoenix- July 2008
Hazel- March 2010
http://caleighbabies.blogspot.com/
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby mshellebean27 » Oct 03, 2006 7:14 pm

Brandi, I did know, but I didn't want him too. That is one of the reasons I got the IUD.. It last for 10 years so I thought he wouldn't get the surgery... I begged him to cancel, but he said no because he said he couldn't stand to see me so sick again.. Geeezzz, if he felt that bad why didn't he help me much during my sickness. I mean I don't know if I would even want to go through all that again, but I don't like the idea that he took the choice away from me. Did it make you mad also that your husband would have done it anyway? Michelle
mshellebean27
Been There Done That

Postby IslandDreamer » Oct 03, 2006 9:26 pm

((Michelle))

I'm sorry. It really is sad. I didn't want more children at my age and with the HG/PPD/Loss issues, and I was still very sad that first month. I'm starting to grow more used to the idea, but to say I want no more and not be ABLE to have more is different.

Love,
Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby aaronsmommy » Oct 03, 2006 9:35 pm

My husband has talked about going out and getting a vasectomy even though I have an IUD and I would certainly be very mad if he actually did it. Not that I am planning to ever get pg again, it's just important to me at this point to have that possibility. I'm sorry he took that decision away from you.

Luckily, my husband can't figure out our PPO insurance so I think I'm safe for a while!
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby Proudmama » Oct 04, 2006 4:00 am

I understand how you are feeling. My DH had his snip a few weeks ago. He would not even consider anything else. He also said he could not stand to see me that sick again. I understood but it is still so very hard.

Jamie
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
Proudmama
Master of HG

Postby BrandiJK » Oct 04, 2006 8:51 am

Yes, it did and still does make me mad. He didn't do it because he couldnt 'stand to see me sick' though. Heck, he barely saw it last og, he was always gone (but I have let go of my bitterness :roll: ) He did it because, he said, he 'couldn't take the stress'. :roll:
Actually, he said (and I agree) that it would ruin our marriage to have another baby. We barely made it through the last pg. I am done. I did not know how incredably done I was until I had a false positive. Now, I am very thankful he did it.

I am glad I had a chance to decide before it happened, but he would have done it anyway.

One thing I think though. A baby is the decision of 2 people. So yeah, I feel like he took my decision away. But at the same time, for me to say no would be to take his decision away. So it was dead locked. I dont think that makes much sense...but I am typing around a baby very eager to get to my laptop. Sorry.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby pamedic » Oct 04, 2006 11:47 am

I'm sorry that your DH went and got snipped against your wishes. It makes things so final. I hope you can come to terms with him doing it and that it doesn't case any friction with your marriage. Big Hugs
pamedic
Been There Done That

Postby mshellebean27 » Oct 04, 2006 11:57 am

Awww, you Gals make me feel so much better. :D It was a rough night I have a ton of bad dreams about it, but I am sure over time it will get better. I guess it is more just knowing the choice is gone.. I am so sorry to you all who have had to go through this also. I am very greatful for the children I do have, but I am one of those women who would have had a 12 pack!! :shock: I want to thank you for your support, my family just doesn't understand.. Thanks, Michelle
mshellebean27
Been There Done That

Return to No more for me!?