Why is it that....

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

Why is it that....

Postby bibliojo » Oct 21, 2006 12:07 am

When you have HG pregnancies and have been blessed with both a boy and a girl, that people decide that your family is complete? I have been hearing nothing but this the whole two weeks since Katya was born. So just because I have bad pregnancies and have one of each sex, I'm supposed to automatically feel done? I can't want more kids? I may be done but who knows. It's like if you have a bad pregnancy you are limited to having only two kids. :evil:

It's just irking me and making me bitter that people think they can decide this for us.

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby IslandDreamer » Oct 21, 2006 12:21 am

Ack...people :evil: :hgisland: .
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby BrandiJK » Oct 21, 2006 3:22 am

I hear you! I *still* get asked (by strangers and people who should know better) when we are going to 'try for a boy'. I am on the other end, because I don't have at leats one of each, I can't be done.
Sheesh.
How's about, people, minding your own bees-wax! That's what I always want to say!
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby JennyK » Oct 21, 2006 12:05 pm

I lost count of how many people have commented along the lines that now that I have a girl and a boy they'll take up collections for a vasectomy or tubal. SHUT UP!!
Jenny
Annie, January '04
Will, August '06
JennyK
Forum Moderator

Postby tatteredtoo » Oct 21, 2006 7:49 pm

BrandiJK wrote:I hear you! I *still* get asked (by strangers and people who should know better) when we are going to 'try for a boy'. I am on the other end, because I don't have at leats one of each, I can't be done.
Sheesh.
How's about, people, minding your own bees-wax! That's what I always want to say!

That sounds just like me... I've had so many people ask me when I'm going to have or try for a girl. I've even had one woman go so far as to NAME MY LITTLE GIRL. I don't have a little girl and we WON'T be having one... I have had to accept it and others need to, too! Like it's not hard enough to have to come to a decision about not having more kids... :evil:

I can imagine the opposite, having people automatically assume that you're done once you have both a son and a daughter, is equally irritating. :evil:
Tina
2 Full term HG pregnancies and 1 HG anembryonic pregnancy (7-8 weeks)
tatteredtoo
HG Expert

Postby Feathery » Oct 21, 2006 8:01 pm

hey joanna:

i'm getting the same treatment. people have actually looked at me...as if i were still a teenager...saying, now no more, right?

my mom says its because the people in our lives were so scared watching us battle hg...but it still sucks.

sorry about the lower case...we're nursing.
heather
Heather
Gabriel-3.3.04
Eliseâ€â€
Feathery
Been There Done That

Postby caleighbelle47 » Oct 21, 2006 10:14 pm

I've found that hg doesn't even matter really, people assume you're done if you have one of each. Apparently the only reason to have more than two kids is to get one of each sex :roll: . Drives me crazy.
-Angela
Isabella- October 2004
John- September 2005
Phoenix- July 2008
Hazel- March 2010
http://caleighbabies.blogspot.com/
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby PamelaRose » Oct 21, 2006 10:18 pm

Yep, I got that all the time after Avery was born, and it annoyed me. And then, when I did defy thier family-planning decrees and dared to have a third child, I got outright hostility--kind of a "Well, you're on your own since you obviously had no need to do this again" attitude. :roll:
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby teddi » Oct 21, 2006 11:21 pm

I am so 100% there with you.

Oh but #2 was twins so we are even MORE MOST ABSOLUTELY TOTALLY NOT EVER GOING TO THINK ABOUT MORE .... OMG TWINS YOU MUST WANT TO DIE.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :hgisland: :hgisland: :hgisland:
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Postby tatteredtoo » Oct 22, 2006 12:47 am

I was just reading over these again and then looking at each of the signatures with names of babies and children...

Despite the ignorance of those type of people mentioned...
Isn't it WONDERFUL the diversity of families we have here?! I think it's great! I have two boys, some have all girls, others have one of each, there are one, two, three, plus kids...
I love it!

Poo to those who think all families should have a mom, a dad and 2.5 kids! :roll:
Tina
tatteredtoo
HG Expert

Postby tatteredtoo » Oct 22, 2006 12:48 am

Oh, yes, and a dog named Spot! :lol:
Tina
tatteredtoo
HG Expert

Postby nomore » Oct 22, 2006 10:10 am

Im sorry Joanna. People just say DUMB things a lot.

Ive only had very few people ask if we would try again... those who didnt know how awful my pregnancies were. Ive had more people than not tell me not to do it again. The differnence is, I DO agree with them.

Although, I made a joke to DH the only way we were going to have another baby was if the stork dropped it off at our door. And, he told me hed RETURN the baby to the stork.... :evil: Now, that sort of peeved me a bit... lol But, hes right, I really dont want another baby.... Alas.... still dealing with the fact I wanted a boy too..... but... I guess thats why I got blessed with so many nephews right???? :)
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby Natalie » Oct 22, 2006 2:51 pm

It is totally true. If you have one of each - you have the perfect family and couldn't possibly want any more. If you have 2 of the same then naturally you will continue trying for the other sex until you get it. It's just one of those things that drives a person insane. ARRGGHHHH!!!!

Stoopid people :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Love Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby Cheri » Oct 22, 2006 7:40 pm

I remember seeing a family on Oprah once who had like 9 boys. They asked them if they kept trying to get a girl. The family said "no" after a certain point, they really wanted to keep having boys because they already knew how to do the boy thing & weren't really interested in trying something new.

It'd just be nice if everybody could respect a couple's right to make the proper choice for themselves, their family, their situation! Just say something nice & be supportive!!
Cheri
Baby Lost at 15 weeks 3/02
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Return to No more for me!?