Maybe I should start posting in here too.

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

Maybe I should start posting in here too.

Postby Natalie » Oct 22, 2006 2:55 pm

Well, I always thought I would have more than 2 kids. After Beth was born I definitely knew I wanted another and at this point pp with her, I was just beside myself with baby lust.

I just don't have that at all now. And if I'm being honest, I don't enjoy having 2. It's just too hard and I just think if I had another, it would be ten times worse.

We're not going to do anything permanent bc-wise but I'm 95% sure I'm done. Feel sad about that, and funnily enough, HG isn't really the reason.

Love Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby bibliojo » Oct 22, 2006 8:12 pm

Dh and I wanted 2-3 kids before we got married and then when we had Lukas I always thought 2 would be more than enough to keep me busy. :) Katey is super easy right now so maybe when she gets bigger and stops being so perfect I'll be content with the two just like you.

You know, it could just be the stage that you are at with the two that makes it unenjoyable. You might find that when Bethy stops keeping you so busy and the two start to play together that you quite enjoy the two. Here's hoping...

Anyway, just wanted to say I understand and I am feeling sad with you. :hugs:

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby IslandDreamer » Oct 22, 2006 9:31 pm

(((Natalie)))

Sometimes what we expect and what we experience is completely different. :hugs:

Big hugs to you.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby BrandiJK » Oct 23, 2006 10:54 am

:hugs: :hugs: It is hard to balance it out. I am pretty overwhelmed with mine right now. I could not imagine handling more kids, even though I know people do it. I don't think I could.

Suzanne said it perfectly. :hugs: :hugs:
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby nomore » Oct 23, 2006 2:01 pm

Dh and I keep having this conversation. He thinks anyone who has more than 2 is nuts. But, I gently reminded him that most people dont add the 3rd child in at this exact moment (when we have a 3 year old and 10 nearly 10 month old). Most people wait a few more years :)

Nope... coudnt deal with another one right now if I even had the choice. Im content with 2 at this moment. Life is lively enough right now :)
nomore
Forum Moderator

Return to No more for me!?