tubal ligation

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

tubal ligation

Postby janiecw » Nov 07, 2006 11:55 pm

has anyone had one I am planning on one after this one I am having a c-section because my ob wont allow a vbac said its too risky w/my past complications. can they do it while they are in there w/the csection
just wondering about others experiences
janiecw
Opinionated HGer

Postby IslandDreamer » Nov 08, 2006 12:08 am

They can do it at the same time. That was the plan if I had a c-section, which I almost did, but then didn't. (My cervix swelled horribly then some how went down again...)

I've had some hormone shifts and took a long time to heal, but I also don't heal well at all since developing fibromyalgia. It's actually sadder than I expected, but that adjusts too.

:hugs:
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

not a problem

Postby jollyGG » Nov 09, 2006 11:34 am

I had my tubal during my c-section. The doctor just looked over the drape said "We still doing the section?" My husband and I both said "YES". A few minutes later I was stiched up and on my way back to my room. They were still weighing and measuring the baby by the time she was done. I even had it done at a Catholic hospital. That was why the verbal double check because I didn't sign a consent through the hospital. Plus she told me I could have right up until she did it to make up my mind for sure.
jollyGG

Postby jollyGG » Nov 13, 2006 1:08 pm

Also wanted to let you know. The second c-section is so much easier. I know with my second child I was really worried about the c-section because I remembered how much pain I had been in after the first one. The experience is like night and day. The second c-section was a breeze. Knowing what to expect and skipping labor this time made a huge difference.
jollyGG

Postby -samanthakay- » Dec 29, 2006 5:57 pm

I am having mine done the day after I give birth since I will still be in pain so it sounded like the best idea.
Angelina DoraMae Sev HG 3-38 weeks
Born 3-3-07
I also have two great bonus babies(adopted stepsons) Devon 18 and Tristin 15
I am very active on facebook
-samanthakay-
Devoted to You

Postby krdoty » Dec 29, 2006 6:18 pm

I'll be getting a tubal after Oscar is born. If I end up with a C-section, they'll do it right then. Otherwise it will be done before I leave the hospital. You should talk to your OB about it now because I was told that the authorization papers have to be signed at least 3 days ahead of time. They will also verbally ask at the time if you want to go through with it. I told the OB today that I'm not allowed to change my mind. She says they have to ask and go by what I say anyway. I'm most worried that I'll change my mind at the last minute.
Kendra, M.W.F.E.
krdoty
Pukologist

Return to No more for me!?