Dreaming

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

Dreaming

Postby bibliojo » Nov 17, 2006 11:27 pm

6 weeks postpartum today and the longing for another one has not gone away. In fact, it was worse today because 6 weeks is the like the official end to the new baby stage. Every day is one day further away from her being born and closer to her being all growed up. :cry: So I spent the day thinking of when we could have another one - NOT a good idea. But I did figure out that 3 years from now, Lukas would be in school all day and if Katey was as good of a toddler as she is a baby, I could manage HGing during the day and then in the evening I would have help. But all it is is just dreaming and that makes me so sad... :cry:

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby nomore » Nov 17, 2006 11:48 pm

Joanna

:hugs:

Im sorry. Just the other day I realized that Katie will be 1 year in like 6 weeks. And I was so sad. I will never have anotehr infant under 1 year. Im hoping with time you can either grow to be happy with this, or act on your baby lust.
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby aaronsmommy » Nov 18, 2006 12:15 am

Yep, in 2 weeks I will have a 4 year old. I don't think I can even call him my baby anymore.

I'm looking at another job change and find myself thinking "at this one there could be the possibility of me getting pg again . . ." I have to STOP!!!!!!!

Enjoy it as much as you can! I wish you peace and acceptance with it at some point :hugs:
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby allym » Nov 18, 2006 1:19 am

...or you could do what I did, and wait 7years to have number 3. I had one in grade 4 and one in grade 1. Once I got them to school, which was no easy feat with HG, I slept all day. I picked them up at 3:00 and my dh was home at 5:00 to take over. It was a pretty good way to go, as far as hg goes.

Alexandra
Conner (severe hg) April 8, 1996
Jacob - (no hg) March 25, 1999
Isabella - (mod hg) March 10, 2006
allym
Been There Done That

Postby krdoty » Nov 18, 2006 11:47 am

:hugs:
Kendra, M.W.F.E.
krdoty
Pukologist

Postby JennyK » Nov 18, 2006 12:28 pm

I'm having the same problem you are, Joanna. It's hard to settle for the two perfect kids I have when I really want three. I'm trying to enjoy Will being a baby instead of dwelling on the fact that there won't be another one. Not sure I'm doing a very good job, though.
Jenny
Annie, January '04
Will, August '06
JennyK
Forum Moderator

Postby mandy » Nov 18, 2006 12:47 pm

(((Joanna)))

I'm sorry you are feeling like this, and how annoying at a time when you just want blissful peace of mind to enjoy fully what you strived for for so long. I know how hard it is to have these feelings, and I know you won't believe me, but by the time Katey is three, you might not feel like this at all.

The thing that always helped me was allowing myself the real possibilty to do another pregnancy. Having the power to make the choice frightened me senseless, and athough my broody body played tricks on me, I think my heart and head always knew I'd never go there willingly again.

Always here if you want to talk - just like you were always there for me. x

Aimee - You are actually officially allowed to call 4 year olds 'baby'. Who says so? Me! John is 4.5 years and is going to be my baby for many years to come! :wink:

Mandy x
mother of two
hg from wk 6 - daughter born in 1999
hg from wk 5 - son born in 2002
mandy
HG Diva

Return to No more for me!?