Do you have a hard time in Birth Announcements?

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

Do you have a hard time in Birth Announcements?

Postby BrandiJK » Nov 19, 2006 3:12 pm

I do. As done as I am, I do. I guess I had been bleeding so long (if you dont know, I bled for about 5 months thanks to depo) that I forgot about 'waiting' for AF to show.
I went a month with out, and now...she is tapping at my door (should be here in a day or two now). And I am finding a hard saddness. I have been nausous and tired all those lovely signs of AF, but could not but help to think maybe.....
All this acitivy in the BA forum, and I feel awful, but I just have such a hard time going in there. Our family feels complete, I really dont want another baby. But at the same time, there is this little tiny piece that says "...but maybe........" and I hate that voice.
I still have some odd disillusion that some how I would be all fluffy, and I suppose we'll win the lottery too...because I sure keep thinking everything would be just fine if only...

I am done. I know and feel that I am done. But this part of me is hard to put away..... you know?

I try to get to that forum. I hope no one is hurt that I dont make it as often as I should. I normally just click it all read and run away.
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby mandy » Nov 19, 2006 5:22 pm

Brandi,

It's weird you should post this, as I've just been to that forum now, and came away with a tinge of sadness. Holding my newborns in my arms and the following weeks were the highest points of my life. The sense of achievement, joy, and utter relief to be hg free. When I think about those times (let alone see pics of others living those times) strong emotions are stirred up in me.

I am probably more thinking I wish I could go back to those times though, rather than go there again. Maybe I would if I could skip the hg bit.

Hugs to you, M x
mother of two
hg from wk 6 - daughter born in 1999
hg from wk 5 - son born in 2002
mandy
HG Diva

Postby teddi » Nov 19, 2006 5:56 pm

It's no coincidental that I tend to pop in and catch up.

Truth be told is I do READ the announcements really quick after they are up. I can't always respond. Too many many triggers. Some moms have truamatic deliveries (I don't handle those well) or babies to NICU's or C's w/babies w/complications.

Or sometimes even the happy ones where things bring up hard memories. Newborns continue to be one trigger for me. I'm getting past a lot of them, but seeing really new little babies (esp. if I don't expect it), still hard. I'm instantly back to my post partum period. And remembering the blankness and lack of remembering my own babies.

You're not alone in that one.
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Postby aaronsmommy » Nov 19, 2006 6:11 pm

I usually look at the announcements so I can try to keep up with what is going on. As for reading the responses or responding myself, it just doesn't happen much. Too hard, even ones I've been anxiously awaiting.

I actually like reading the birth stories though, because I'm interested in that kind of stuff, and like to keep tabs on outcomes. I think recently some of the birth stories end up several pages in after the announcement, and I end up missing them because of that. Somehow reading the replies is the hardest for me.
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby BrandiJK » Nov 19, 2006 6:40 pm

I think recently some of the birth stories end up several pages in after the announcement, and I end up missing them because of that. Somehow reading the replies is the hardest for me.

I do the best when people post birth stories/pics later in a sperate thread for this smae reason
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby justme » Nov 19, 2006 8:11 pm

Well - truthfully, I dont look at them at all. I just . . . cant. I am sorry about it, but nothing I can do. Way too rouh and raw and super huge trigger.
justme
Forum Moderator

Postby nomore » Nov 19, 2006 8:58 pm

Its probably the same as how I cant read the TTC threads anymore. Its not that I even want another baby right now or possibly ever. Its more than the choice isnt even mine to make anymore. And, reading those threads, it makes me broody.

I know I will never be in that spot again, and it sort of makes me sad. Dont get me wrong, Im happy for all the Moms that deliver. But, I get what your saying. Sometimes I will pop in and read them, sometimes I cant bring myself to do it.
nomore
Forum Moderator

Return to No more for me!?