Already decided we're done

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

Already decided we're done

Postby SteadyOn » Nov 20, 2006 4:49 pm

It seems early but I cannot go thru this again, I had mild HG the first time had no clue that is what it was.

This time is worse...I am sure not as bad as some of you have it :hugs: but bad enough that I DO NOT want to go thru this again.

I am sad but ok with it. I am sure after this baby...I will have issues and a harder time.

Thanks for letting me share my thoughts.
~Sarah,
Proud Mommy to Nicholas (Mild HG)and Trevor (Severe HG)
SteadyOn
Been There Done That

Postby dwtegli » Nov 20, 2006 5:26 pm

I know this is going to sound like a cliche, but don't make any permanent decisions while you are currently pregnant. There are so many women (myself included) who said that they were done during pregnancy. I was never going to have another one after my first, I now have three. Okay, the third was an oops, but that is not the point. The point is, while you are pregnant and suffering, it is so very hard to look at the big picture and know how you are going to feel when you look at that beautiful little face.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby SteadyOn » Nov 21, 2006 10:33 am

thanks I know you are right. I just do not want to go thru this again. Especially if it gets worse each time :(
~Sarah,
Proud Mommy to Nicholas (Mild HG)and Trevor (Severe HG)
SteadyOn
Been There Done That

Decided no more for us

Postby heatherd » Nov 21, 2006 10:03 pm

We've decided no more for us. I'm on my second pg with much worse HG this time. I can't do this again. Not only is that the HG is worse, but trying to deal with HG and take care of an 18 month old is too much. I don't think I'm strong enough to care for 2 kids and be pg with a 3rd and sick. I already told my OB that if I have to have a C-section with this pg (I hope not) that I want my tubes tied while he's in there. We wanted 3 children and we'll have 3 children. We can adopt and my DH is really on board with the idea of adopting the third. I know for some it's an agonizing decision, but I'm very happy and comfortable with the choice to not have anymore. It's the best thing for me and for my family.
heatherd
Been There Done That

Return to No more for me!?