You want crazy? I'll give you crazy.

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

You want crazy? I'll give you crazy.

Postby AmberWest » Jan 02, 2007 3:17 pm

Okay, it's no question that I was looking forward to my tubal. I know for a fact I do NOT want any more children. This is not in question either. I'm a little miffed at Fred for refusing to get the snip and leaving all our bc up to me. Especially since I can't take the pill, or any form of hormones, and I don't trust let's see, condoms, diaphrams, :roll: or even the ring, iud etc because I know to many people who've gotten pg with them. :? So anyway, can someone explain to me why I'm flipping out over the fact I have put myself through a surgery like this? I feel like I've butchered myself as a woman. :shock: :roll: :shock: Keep in mind ladies, I am at peace in my heart with the concept of NO MORE for me. Then again, I had a odd reaction when I got my tattoo too... :roll: Apparently I don't do well with the concept of permanent? :roll:
AmberWest
Master of HG

Postby mrsbigdog » Jan 02, 2007 3:25 pm

I understand completely - that (along with religious beliefs) is part of what is stopping me from doing anything. Definately don't want any more and don't believe I could survive another round of HG but anything permenant and/or painful is more than I can handle. THAT is why I don't have a tatoo!

Sorry you're dealing with more emotions on this issue as well as new baby issues and general life stuff!

Donna
3x HG survivor: Theresa - 11/88, Katie - 1/95, Emily - 1/06
(one HG baby in each of the last three decades! - yes, just call me crazy)

mrsbigdog
HG Diva

Postby mandy » Jan 02, 2007 5:05 pm

Oh Amber. I can't get my head around 'permanent' too. I never ever want to be pregnant again, the thought now sends shivers down my spine and worse. Just can't seem to get my head around permanent bc though. I must be mad.

Everything is all so new to you, and hormones are a-raging. You've gone through so many major life changing events in less than two years. You now are gonna go through all the steps to come to terms with this, which includes feeling crazy, mad and sad. But overall, you should be so bloomin proud of yourself.

Mandy x
mother of two
hg from wk 6 - daughter born in 1999
hg from wk 5 - son born in 2002
mandy
HG Diva

Postby BrandiJK » Jan 02, 2007 6:02 pm

You have no butcherd yourself as a woman, you've liberated yourself from HG!
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby teddi » Jan 03, 2007 12:59 am

Well I'm mad that Fred wouldnt' snip his butt (ok not the butt!). :evil: Seriously though! Why YOU? Ugh. I don't care HOW much that .... man I am married to doesn't want to snip his snippy bags.... when a final decision is made... HE can get cut on again d@#$it!

Give and take, RIGHT?

For the record I really don't think that's fair of him. Especially as it made things all the more painful for you for your recovery, ok stopping now or I won't stop.

I can see very much how not wanting more kids is different than wanting to lose your fertility. Sorry :hugs:
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Return to No more for me!?