I should learn...becareful what you wish for....

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

I should learn...becareful what you wish for....

Postby NurseNicole » Jan 11, 2007 11:41 pm

When I was at the begining of this HG hell I talked to dh about a Vasectomy, he flatly REFUSED and was quite rude about it. I was in tears and said some pretty crapy stuff to him. Well time went on and I got sicker and sicker. He had to care for the kids by HIMSELF and the house. Somewhere in between all the sickness and hospital stays he said out of the blue that he WOULD get a Vasectomy. Knock me over with a feather! I was glad...wooo hooo!

He has been usure here and there but still said he would do it. he DOESN'T want anymore PERIOD. this from theman that wanted ATLEAST 6...I was all for 6 as well!

NOW I'm having a hard time with this. It makes me sad to think this is the last time I will get to feel a baby kick inside me. This is my LAST baby. He doesn't get it. I don't want him to get the Vasectomy now. I don't like my choices taken from me. I know that I get pregnant easily VERY easily. I can't do any hormonal form of birth control because of my bipolar. The other options are much of an option for us for various reasons.

I KNOW that I almost died twice during this pregnancy and still am not in good shape. I just can't come to terms with the fact that this is IT.

Mind you this is my 4th, I have 2 girls and 1 boy and this baby is a boy...so EXACTLY what I wanted and "planned" We talked about foster to adopt when pour kids were a bit older but I don't think that is the same.

Those of you who have adopted and have your own is it the same??
NurseNicole
Opinionated HGer

Postby krdoty » Jan 20, 2007 5:00 pm

No asvice. Just :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: .
Kendra, M.W.F.E.
krdoty
Pukologist

Postby Proudmama » Jan 21, 2007 9:50 am

I also wanted to send hug :hugs: . I had a hard time realizing that DD was my last. I still get sad sometimes but the older my babies get, the less and less the urge becomes. I am sure that I will never be completely OK with being limited to the number of babies due to HG but please know that I understand how you feel.

:hugs:
Jamie
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
Proudmama
Master of HG

Postby nomore » Jan 23, 2007 12:32 am

Sending you huge :hugs:

Im at peace with our desicion to have a V. Yes... I do resent sometimes I dont have a choice in the matter anymore... for the maybe 5 seconds every month that I think what if.... but, I also know that just not a good descion for me. I was flat out told to not have anymore kids. But, after how miserbale a large part of my youngest DDs 1st year of life (due to prematurity, food allergies, and EXTREME collic), it pretty much cured me of ever wanting that again. :wink:

I always say... IF prengnacy were easy, IF I had easier babies.... IF we had more money (I realy like to spoil the ones I have), then I <might> have gone for # 3. But, since none of those things are true... I just feel my health and me being as healthy as I can for the 2 living childrean I have is the best option.

And, I always say, I have not ruled out adoption.... but, dont have any seroius intrest at this point.

HUGE :hugs: I understand the feelings of sadness.... I delivered my last at 34 weeks and in some ways resent that I missed out on those 6 weeks to feel her move around in me.... I really missed me her in there... (didnt miss what it was doing to me though!). I was sad I didnt get to savor those last few days of being prego, but instead having an early induction as my BP was dangerously high... and not able to be controlled by bedrest or meds. Alas... Im babbling... as Im exhausted. Are IUDs an option you could consider?
nomore
Forum Moderator

Return to No more for me!?