Trouble letting go.....

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

Trouble letting go.....

Postby missuniversal » Mar 25, 2007 11:43 pm

my daughter is 18 months old and right after she was born i started giving away her baby stuff like a month later...... i'm sure it was because the HG was still fresh in my mind. but after a few things were gone i was struck with panic and regret. so i began saving every single thing. her swing, pack n play, changing table, infant car seat, ALL of her clothes... etc. you name it and i've been saving it and packing it all away for 18 months...... and i have no idea why.
the moment she was born i swore i would never have another child. but when i began parting with her baby stuff i felt so heartless, as if the memory of the HG had forced me to something i wasn't really ready for. but even as i continue to save her things i know i could never imagine enduring HG again. i just keep saving, i guess it's on a "just in case" basis....like just in case a miracle happens and there becomes some cure for HG....yeah right...but in the back of my mind i think i also cannot bare to part with what might be the only tiny baby clothes i would ever get to have. i think, what if i actually never have another one? at least i can look into these boxes at all her beautiful baby clothes and remember the baby i did have......
is it crazy not to be able to let go of her baby stuff for these reasons?
Dana
>HG Survivor<
*Ava Marae* *Born 9/16/2005*
ImageImage
missuniversal

Postby HelenA » Mar 29, 2007 2:55 pm

I don't think so, My DD2 is 6 months old and will be our last, and I have saved things of hers. Made like a memory box of little things to look back on.
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Postby JPSmomma » Mar 29, 2007 5:19 pm

Not crazy.

When Jackson was born, I said, "NEVER AGAIN!" but I saved his stuff. Now I'm giving it away as Parker outgrows it because I'm sure this time. (At least 99.9999%) It stinks because I'd always wanted a houseful of kids, but I can't let these two not have a momma.

All in all, I completely understand your saving everything. Maybe you'll want to do it again later. You could always get HG amnesia. Just ask Jasmine.
JPSmomma
HG Diva

Postby missuniversal » Apr 09, 2007 2:07 pm

a case of HG amnesia would do me A LOT of good right about now, lol. it's been nearly two years and the whole exoperience is still very fresh in my mind, well, not the experience as much as the pain and grief. i can't really remember how the days passed or what i did, i seem to have a huge blank space from the majority of my pg, but the overall agony is as fresh as yesterday! i thought that it would fade as time passed, the way everyone told me, and then i would want to have another child, which i do in theory, but in reality i cannot even fathom going through any of that ever agin.
and yet, here i am storing huge plastic containers of clothes and i find myself physically unable to throw anything of hers away. maybe i'm just trying to be optimistic in at least some sense of the word, since i can't be positive in any other way when it comes to the possibility of having a 2nd child. weird.
Dana
>HG Survivor<
*Ava Marae* *Born 9/16/2005*
ImageImage
missuniversal

Postby Proudmama » Apr 09, 2007 8:53 pm

I wanted to send you huge :hugs: . I understand wanting to keep everything. I am still doing that with my DD's things. I know that we will not be having any more children but it is still very hard. Hold on to your baby things as long as you need.

:hugs:
Jamie
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
Proudmama
Master of HG

Return to No more for me!?