One tiny step? Updated

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

One tiny step? Updated

Postby Jenny » Apr 24, 2007 7:13 pm

Well, I put the crib and all the baby stuff up in the attic. I am still sort of straddling this folder and the ttc folder, but for my sanity I had to take a step one way. We are still considering the other, but right now, hmm who knows, it will change in five minutes!
Last edited by Jenny on Apr 26, 2007 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Postby peanut » Apr 24, 2007 8:36 pm

:hugs:
Lora
Image Image

[/url]
peanut
Master of HG

Postby mrsbigdog » Apr 24, 2007 9:46 pm

(((Jenny)))

I know that was a hard thing to do. I think you are making a wise choice to leave the option open and keep one foot on each side of the fence. Taking a step this direction might just be the stress relief you need for awhile and who knows???

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Donna
3x HG survivor: Theresa - 11/88, Katie - 1/95, Emily - 1/06
(one HG baby in each of the last three decades! - yes, just call me crazy)

mrsbigdog
HG Diva

Postby *my3sons* » Apr 24, 2007 9:53 pm

Ugh, Jenny, I am so right there with you. My DH told me that he actually shed a couple tears on his way home the other night because the thought of no more little ones just got to him. I don't know what I would do if he came right out and said, "Amy, I WANT another baby." No, that's not true, I know just what I'd do. I'd run screaming to the doctor and ask them to shoot me up with hormones to make my pg stick...and I'd ask for every HG drug out there. In all actuality, DH has been the voice of reason regarding children through our entire marriage. We waited to have the first one because we were very young. We waited to have the second (whom I begged and pleaded for) because HG had shocked us beyond all get out and devastated us financially. We waited to have the third because we were still very afraid and still financially devastated. Our fourth was DH's "one shot in the dark." He made that decision on his own one night without asking my approval (he didn't need to, I'd been begging him for years for another baby). So, now we have the definite that HG will strike and the not so definite that the baby will stick. Man, I know what we have decided is logical but it is not at all what my heart wants. Absolutely not at all. So, sister, I am holding your hand....shedding tears with you, mourning with you, and trying to look forward with you.

:cry:
Amy
my3sons
3X HG Survivor
loved and lost 2005
*my3sons*
HG Expert

Postby nomore » Apr 25, 2007 8:16 am

Just want you to know I care.... Huge :hugs: That was a huge step Jenny

And Amy, huge :hugs: to you too.
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby C&G'sMommy » Apr 25, 2007 9:12 am

:hugs: :hugs: Jenny :hugs: :hugs:

I wish more an anything God would give you one more baby to fill you and your families hearts. I pray for you nightly along with many of the other women on this board. Know I'm here for you as always and that I love you and we're all behind you as you move through this stage in your life.
ImageImage
~Caiden Nicholas~ - Lost 7/26/06 (Forever 17 Weeks)
Gabbriela Cadence - 6/22/07
~Taylor Blakely~ - Lost 10/3/07
C&G'sMommy
Master of HG

Postby Gracie » Apr 26, 2007 7:39 am

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Gracie
Gracie
Master of HG

Postby *** » Apr 26, 2007 9:21 am

:hugs:
Forum Moderator

Postby Jenny » Apr 26, 2007 11:44 am

Putting that stuff up in the attic was one of the hardest things I have done, I cried like a baby the whole time I was wrapping it in plastic and watching it go up the stairs. But now I do feel better having it behind instead of in front of me, does that make sense?

I listed his mattress on freecycle.com. the weirdest thing happened the person who replied ended up being an old friend of Charles'! and it was really cool because she asked to have it for her neighbor's granddaughter who was pg with her first baby, she was a young single mom very scared. So I also sent all the diapers we had bought, an outfit, and a package of onsies. The grandfather came to pick it all up and cried over Jordan's pictures and said he hoped his granddaughter realized the gift she was getting. We also sent a couple of the hats I make with the card telling Jordan's story.

I think it was a really healing experience for me.

Of course Charles said, "Well now that we have given that away we will probably get pregnant this month." I said, "dont even go there!"

Not that I don't want the miracle I would love the miracle. I just don't want everyone telling me now that I am giving up the dream it will just happen. ya know?
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Postby bibliojo » Apr 26, 2007 12:00 pm

Jenny, I so admire your strength. I can understand how very hard it was and still is to give away your babies' things. But I think God knew how hard it was going to be and so sent someone who would make you feel better about giving the things away to.

Praying for you. :hugs:
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby _Laurie » Apr 30, 2007 4:24 pm

Many hugs and much love, Jenny...

Laurie
3HG pregnancies: 2 sweet girls 4/01, 4/03, and my twins 1/27/07

We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world.
-Helen Keller
_Laurie
Forum Moderator

Postby Xphile_mo » Apr 30, 2007 4:55 pm

Sweetie, there's just so much I wish I could say to you at times like these but can never find the words! :( You are such an amazing person and so strong for all the women here (inc me), you deserve such happiness.

I think you were very brave (and very sensible) to move the stuff into the attic - at least it won't break your heart seeing it all the time. Plus, you can always bring it back down should you ever decide to :hugs:

The baby (and mother) were very lucky to get your little ones' things and I'm sure they appreciate it more than they can ever tell you.

Hugs from Scotland :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Moira x x x

Xphile_mo
HG Expert

Postby *** » May 01, 2007 8:41 am

Jenny you are such a phenomenal woman!!!!!!!!!!!
We are also slowly letting go of the baby things. It's very hard.
Forum Moderator

Return to No more for me!?