Three is enough for me!

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

Three is enough for me!

Postby Jolene » Apr 21, 2005 12:55 pm

This is my third pregnancy, the first two I didn't have HG at all. This time, I have been knocked on my butt (literally) by it. I can not go through this again. This will be the only child I have with my husband, but it is enough for us. I am going to have my tubes tied after I give birth. I just can't go through this again.

Jolene
Jolene
HG Diva

Postby helen-l-a » Jun 28, 2005 9:43 am

Know the feeling Jolene!

After having two HG pgs, this time I never expected it to happen again... not sure why?... I want HIM to be sterilized :lol:

I never, ever want to go through this again.

Helenxxx
Mum to.....
Luke 1990 not a HG pregnancy.
Jonathan 1994 not a HG pregnancy
Emily 1998 HG pregnancy!
Thomas Bailey 2005 HG pregnancy

helen-l-a
HG Expert

Postby dwtegli » Jun 28, 2005 11:07 am

Helen and Jolene,
I know exactly how you feel. I felt that way after I had my second daughter and planned to have my tubes tied. When I went in to make the appt to have them tied, (after switching jobs so not being able to actually have it done), I was pregnant!!! That pregnancy was my worst yet, and within two months of having him, I actually wound up having a hysterectomy, so definitely no more for me. I think the worst part is that I wouldn't mind having more kids eventually, I just refuse to ever be pregnant again.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby Jolene » Jun 28, 2005 3:17 pm

I would love to have more children, but I couldn't put my body through this again! If only there was a cure for HG. I am scared to get the tubes tied, what if I regret it? I will just have to remember the purple bucket in my face, the pokes from the nurse because my veins disappeared from dehydration, and I could always look at my PICC line scar, that will surely remind me of the hell it was to be pregnant.

Oh well, my husband will only have one biological child, but with two step children along with the baby, I hope he is satisfied.

Jolene
Jolene
HG Diva

Postby mandy » Jun 28, 2005 3:53 pm

Hi Jolene,

I would have really loved two more children but am going to stick with my two. I am not completely happy with this decision, well not at all really but I just don't believe I can choose to do this hg thing again. If I am feeling a bit down about things, or a bit broody (as everyone around me is reproducing at the moment!) then I just have a browse through the first tri forums and it all comes flooding back.

I try really hard to just look at the two amazing children I have, not at the two we never managed to make. I was all for steralisation at first, but 3 years down the line, I just can't do it yet, doesn't feel the right thing to do. It's hard to let go of your dreams but it I don't let things get me down as much as I used to.

Just wanted to say I understand how you all feel really.

Mandy x
mother of two
hg from wk 6 - daughter born in 1999
hg from wk 5 - son born in 2002
mandy
HG Diva

Postby helen-l-a » Jun 28, 2005 10:41 pm

Hi

I wanted to be sterilized for sure after my daughter, here I am again! I don't think you should do anything until you are absolutely (beyond doubt) ready for it, but then I guess how will you ever know? It is a well known fact that the Menopause hits home harder sometimes, not because the woman wants another baby, but that part of her life is being taken away along with the decisions that go with it. Being sterilized is so final, the choice is no longer there, whether you chose or not is irrelevant it is the fact that you can't. Not an easy decision to make. That's why I am trying to get dp to have it done! It will be out of my control then.

I am at the point for sure where I really do not want anymore. I think myself lucky that I did not have HG with the first two, I too would have stopped well before now!

Helenxxx :D
Mum to.....
Luke 1990 not a HG pregnancy.
Jonathan 1994 not a HG pregnancy
Emily 1998 HG pregnancy!
Thomas Bailey 2005 HG pregnancy

helen-l-a
HG Expert

Return to No more for me!?