mixed feelings

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

mixed feelings

Postby janiecw » May 15, 2007 1:46 am

As I get closer to my c/s and TL im having alot of conflicting feelings I KNOW that I can not physically or mentally survive another hg pregnancy my body is wrecked from the 2 ive survived not to mention i dont want to put my family through this again after Kaden is born im going back to school and start my career so that my family can move out of my inlaws house and with my income added to my dh's we can start our own life on our own. If I get pg again I would end up losing my job, throwing my family into finacial turmoil, stressing my marriage, and would be unable to care for my children I want myself back I want my dh to have his wife back and I want to be able to give 100% to my children

BUT Im worried in a few yrs im going to want more this is so permanant. Im goving up having having more children Im afraid in a few yrs when the children are older im going to want another baby and regret doing this even though i dont want to be pg again and hubby is not real big on adopting I know ther are other methods but im scared ill be a wreck every month and Ill be freaking out every time im a day late or i get the stomach flu
Dh thinks I shouldnt do it if Im having mixed feelings but im scared of getting pregnant but im also scared of regreting the TL later

I HATE HG if I had normal pregnancies I wouldnt even be considering it Im only 26 but im not sure my body can do it again

At least you ladies understand who knows maybe my fluffy sister might consider surrogating for me some day

Thanks for listening
janiecw
Opinionated HGer

Postby nomore » May 16, 2007 12:52 pm

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

if you are having even a shred of doubt, I suggest you DO NOT do anything permanent yet. Permanent is just that, FOREVER. :hugs:

I think a great option is an IUD, either the Mirena or tradtional copper. They are very effective, long term for BC (several years), and dont require daily maitenece (IE: pills, etc).

This way, you can give yourself the 5 years you might need, and make your decision then, when your life is at say 31, and how it would impact then, since you cannot tell the future.

:hugs: :hugs:
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby Marie » May 16, 2007 6:54 pm

I had a tubal right after I delivered ds. Some days I still regret it and never once did I doubt my decision before I had it done. I agree that if you wonder in the least bit don't do it.

Hugs,
Marie
HG baby arrived 11/18/99.
Lost an Angel 6/04.
HG baby arrived 7/01/05.
Marie
Master of HG

Postby Proudmama » May 19, 2007 6:22 am

I wanted to send you huge :hugs: . The decision about future pregnancies is a very hard one. If you are unsure how you feel about having the T/L, I also would suggest you do not have it done at this time. Something your DH and you might want to consider is the Big V for him. Is that an option? It would be better than you having to go back into surgery if you chose to wait for the T/L.

I had a T/L planned if I had to have a C/S but I ended up not having to do so. Part of me was pleased that I did not do so but then my DH insisted on the Big V instead. I still regret this some days but others I am glad to be finished with HG forever. I also hold on to the thought that, even though unlikely, an oops is still possible, even with the Big V :wink: .
Jamie
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
Proudmama
Master of HG

Return to No more for me!?