i know this is right

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

i know this is right

Postby megs4413 » Jun 12, 2007 1:40 pm

but i can't seem to commit to it....it was OK with me if dh had a vas, but now i'm considering an ablation...and for some reason, taking away any possibility of me being pregnant again just devastates me. i don't want to be pregnant again...i know that...but i am so young. i guess i just feel like what if i regret it later?

man...this sucks. :(
Megs
DD 2005 severe HG
DS 2007 moderate HG
megs4413
HG Diva

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 12, 2007 4:32 pm

If you feel like you might regret it later, then wait til later to find out. Give yourself time to find the absolute answer. In a few months or years, you might discover that you're ready for another pregnancy, or you may realize that you're ready to close that chapter in your life and move on. But there's no hurry and lots of effective (more than sterilization, even) methods out there, so give yourself time to think it through unil you discover what you can live with. Maybe your doctor can put your options into clearer perspective. Hugs to you!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby aaronsmommy » Jun 12, 2007 8:40 pm

I'm guessing you are considering an ablation for heacy periods? What about a Mirena - it has about the same success rates as an ablation for controlling heavy bleeding, plus, you get very effective birth control AND the option of removing it if you change your mind.

I hate the idea of anything permanent for myself - if only they could figure out how to make aging reversible!!
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby mandy » Jun 13, 2007 2:25 am

If you have any doubts then you really must take a step back and have time to think things through whilst using reliable birth control. Here I am five years after my last, still taking tentative steps towards my dh's vasectomy. We will get there and when we do, I'll know I'm as sure as possible.

I have heard such good things about the Mirena.
I hope you can work something out that you are happy with (or as happy as we can be with, in this situation).

Mandy x
mother of two
hg from wk 6 - daughter born in 1999
hg from wk 5 - son born in 2002
mandy
HG Diva

Postby janiecw » Jun 13, 2007 11:00 pm

i was in the same position as you i was all set to have a TL with my csection but as it got closer all i could do was cry when i thought about permanatly rendering myself incapable of having more children{although unless they come up w/an hg cure i can honestly say i do not forsee myself having more}it wasa just the finality i could not come to have peace with so i decided against having it done for now

if you have doubts i would wait
janiecw
Opinionated HGer

Return to No more for me!?