Still hanging in there.

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

Still hanging in there.

Postby Tracey » May 19, 2005 6:33 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is tracey and I am on my second HG pregnancy. I am now 31 weeks and thank god almost there, but feel still like it will never end. I have such a fear that after the baby is born I will still be sick. I know this is unrealistic, but I have been sick for so long I can't imagine Being normal again. I have a 4 year old son also that I feel has been let down by me. I just have not been able to do all the things that we use to. It was always christian(my son) and myself doing everything together. I had home nurses and continuous IV drips for the first four almost five months and was totally unable to care for my son. The medication I tried did not do much to help, and I tried quite a few before realizing that I just needed to try to keep hydrated first and formost. Eating was just impossable. I could not even stand TV advertizing about food or even to hear people talk about food. I could go on and on about my experience and how awful it was, but I'm sure you all know the drill.Basic living hell . I do however have a wonderful husband whom is supportive and loving. He has been doing everything he can to help me with our son and just be there for me as much as possable. MY mother in law lives down the road and also has been helpful with my son and trying to keep my chin up. I really am lucky and can't understand why I don't feel that way. I feel torchered and sometimes abandoned by god. I know I'm almost done but also am afraid that the depression will continue after the birth. It is so nice to be able to vent to people whom I know totally understand. Thank you for the ear. I will pray that all of you with HG get over it quick and that you get a lot of support.

Thanks Again
Tracey Conover

[/img]
Tracey
Tracey

Re: Still hanging in there.

Postby missyparker » Jun 13, 2005 11:33 pm

Hi Tracy,

I am a new member. My second baby was born just 16 months ago and my story is very similiar to yours my first was 4 also. I was so afraid that after I had her i would still be sick. I got sick right after delivery with her but htankGOD that was the last time. I couldn't belive how different I felt even 1 day after she was born. I would love to have another baby but going through all that I don't know if I could do that to my family again. But it did get better after the birth. Good luck and I hope things go smoothly for you after delivery. Also my daughter has had no side affects to any of the medications or from me not being able to take the prenatals. I know that was fear of mine. Healthy Healthy vary active baby. :wink:
missyparker

Return to No more for me!?