tubal at delivery

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

tubal at delivery

Postby IslandDreamer » Dec 01, 2005 3:40 am

Officially joining this club at delivery, or the next day. This pregnancy has been a miracle in how well-managed it has been, not to mention that it happened at all. But I have still been incredibly miserable, I am still anticipating a good battle with PPD, I still can't stomach the idea of more grief, and I'm nearly 40. If God has other plans, He'll see the tubal as no problem, but for me, I need some peace of mind that I will never be in this kind of physical/emotional jeopardy again.

So many folks are saddened with this decision, and I am so sorry you are forced into it by HG. For me, I am relieved. Plain out relieved.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby PamelaRose » Dec 01, 2005 6:33 pm

Good luck! It's bittersweet to realize it's final, but I completely understand the feeling of relief. I wanted to have an all-out celebration when I got the all-clear after my ligation.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby nomore » Dec 01, 2005 6:54 pm

Suzanne-

I understand your post. I have consented to a tubal as well, but only if I end up needed a Section. If not, Dh is getting the big V. Im really not sad at all about this. Honestly, it feels more like relief. Im super content with the idea of 2 kids, and DH and I dont want anymore, regardless of pregnancy (and if we do, we have already agreed adoption is the avenue that we will pursue. )

I know I have plenty more child bearing years left, as Im only 30, but, I feel this baby girl is completing our family. I felt like SHE was missing... but now I know she will be here, I feel like we are all here.

Im with Pamela.... thinking a celebration would actually be more appropriate for me...lol :)

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby BrandiJK » Dec 01, 2005 7:16 pm

I totally understand. We are coming close to the same decision ourselves, but if this baby had been a boy, there would be no doubt.

Sounds like you'll be ready for a celebration!
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby emily » Dec 01, 2005 11:07 pm

I was rather feeling sad after the birth of number 2 at the thought of no more babies. Honestly, at this point, I am so tired of raising two children, the idea of three let along the hg is more than I can handle. I am so done, it is not bittersweet. I have two beautiful children and a COMPLETE family and there is nothing bitter about it. Now if only I could talk dh into a vasectomy. Sigh. I am this close to going in for a tubal.
emily
Devoted to You

Postby Proudmama » Dec 02, 2005 3:55 am

You ladies can add me to this "club" as well. DH and I have talked and after this baby, one of us will make sure no addition pregnancies occur. If I have a c-section, then I will have a tubal. If not, DH will, as we so lovingly call it in our household, get snipped. I am not upset about the thought at all. I will be more than happy to have two children. I keep praying that everything goes well with this pregnancy. I cannot put my family or myself through HG again. I used to say that I wanted three children but after this current pregnancy, there is no way I will ever do this again. Best of luck with each and every one of your choices. May you all be at peace with them.

Love,
Jamie
Jamie
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
Proudmama
Master of HG

Well for me.....

Postby Bethers » Dec 03, 2005 2:25 pm

Hi you guys,

I can totally understand where you are all coming from. I will have to wait and see how the next one goes before i decide. If it isn't toooooo bad we may try for one more. I had a palm reader at my halloween party and she usually works for our annual Reniannce Festival in Minnesota she is very accurate on so many things, i have been going to her for years for fun, well she told me i have a girl soul waiting to be born and then twins after that. Girls on all. OMG if she is right. So I don't know for me it will be one day at a time and all in God's hands.... Let's see how the next one goes is what i tell myself....

Hope all of you are well. I haven't been able to post much since they did something to the site. I have to relogin about 20 times for one post and then sometimes after I type a post it deletes it and doesn't even post it. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: hahaha And then, I deleted my cookies so many times that I somehow deleted my modem???? I had to have it reinstalled.... Ugh Ugh Ugh.... It's been a nightmare!!!!!!!!!

Love you guys,
Bethers
Bethers -Mom to Justin 1-9-96 HG hospitalized 40+. Mom to 2 angels 5-21-04 & 11-16-04. Will ttc in Feb 2006. 2 more Months OMG!!!rl=http://www.tickercentral.com]Image[/url]
Bethers
Been There Done That

Postby Carcully » Dec 11, 2005 12:21 am

Hi Ladies,

I want in the 'we're done' club as well. DH and I had always said we wanted 2 children...boys, girls, baboons...just 2. When I went through HG for the entire pregnancy with Carson, I would get so depressed and discouraged thinking that if we ever wanted our 2nd, I'd most likely have to endure HG again to some degree. I didn't know if I could ever brave it again.

Well...here we are. It's been another nightmare of a pregnancy, but I know once Cullen is here, and all fingers and toes are accounted for, I'll be happy that we went for it. I have loved every day with my 1st son, and I know I'll be thrilled to be given the chance to raise one more.

With that said...we're DONE. Already signed the consent for a tubal if a c-section becomes necessary....and if not...good ole' DH has already attended the vasectomy class, and has a date of January 13th for the procedure. I'm so relieved. I agree with Suzanne...I could not put myself or my family in this situation again. 2 kids is perfect for us, and I'm feeling really blessed to be so close to meeting the last member of our family.
Bethany
Mommy to Carson Anthony (8-17-01) and...
Cullen Michael (12-18-05)Image
Carcully
Been There Done That

Postby IslandDreamer » Dec 11, 2005 12:26 am

I didn't end up doing it yet. Labor kind of wrecked me, and I decided to wait...both because of the wreckage and concern about how more physical stuff might aggravate the PPD.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby PamelaRose » Dec 11, 2005 12:30 am

Remember, there's Essure for those of you who don't deliver by c-section and don't like the idea of surgery after giving birth. I was all ready to have the traditional tubal done after Reilly was born (they even cut me off from my celebratory post-HG eating 4 hours after she was born, dammit!), but a cyst got in the way of those plans. I was pleased with the way Essure worked out, and I was really happy with the no recovery aspect of it!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Return to No more for me!?