Baby lust....

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

Baby lust....

Postby teddi » Dec 29, 2005 6:14 pm

Will someone please knock some sense into me? Suzanne where your purse and bricks?

We went shopping with some xmas gift cards at WalMart. And I was walking thru the baby section and I realized if we don't ever have another baby, there's no need for me to shop in the infants department again. Nope, it's 12M and up from now on. Man, I was just fighting back tears.

That thought sooo hurt. Yet HELLO stupid, here I HAVE two babies.

I always wanted to have a bigger family (4 or 5 kids). But I know in my heart I DO want another child. It just really doesn't help that it feels like I skipped birth-6 months with my girls. Just kicks that baby lust into hyperdrive.

Ok, fine, HG another 9 months. Best CASE scenario, "JUST" hg for another 9 months. I can accept that. It's the OTHER stuff that scares me. A miscarriage-stillbirth? A sick baby? What OTHER new and terrible complications would it be next time (pre-E and pancreatitis and the lap choley were bad enough).

AGGGHHH! The thougt of doing it again seems like sheer terrifying lunacy. The thought of never doing it again seems just as bad.
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Re: Baby lust....

Postby IslandDreamer » Dec 29, 2005 6:23 pm

Hi Teddi,

I believe the purse and bricks are in California with Jenny...kicking the crap out of her co-workers. Then I was going to send it to Brandi for her pharmacist. I'll send it along to you if need be... :wink:

[quote="teddi"]Ok, fine, HG another 9 months. Best CASE scenario, "JUST" hg for another 9 months. I can accept that. It's the OTHER stuff that scares me. A miscarriage-stillbirth? A sick baby? What OTHER new and terrible complications would it be next time (pre-E and pancreatitis and the lap choley were bad enough).

AGGGHHH! The thougt of doing it again seems like sheer terrifying lunacy. The thought of never doing it again seems just as bad.[/quote]

I, too, always feared the complications and loss stuff much more than HG, and believe me, the HG scares the living crap out of me. (Hey, another treatment for Zofran poo? :lol: ) Don't even start me on the postpartum fears, eh? :roll: But all of it can be handled somehow. Afterall, your girls are here, Jack is here.

I think your heart will tell you the answer.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby BrandiJK » Dec 29, 2005 7:05 pm

I think your heart will tell you the answer

The best advise ever!!!
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby rjdecker » Dec 29, 2005 9:58 pm

Teddi,

I was sure that after #2 I was done! But about two years later, I started to get a feeling deep down that there was more. I fought that feeling for two and a half years. Never told dh. Just tried to make it go away. I was terrified. But the feeling just wouldn't go away. So, I talked with dh and he agreed. I was in shock because he is the one that fights getting pg because he hates it when I am so sick. So, three more babies later, I still look at the ones younger than mine and get baby lust (although I am done unless the tubal fails). Follow your heart. Think about it for a while. Give yourself some time. I don't know if you are religious or not, but praying about it sure helped bring me a peace even though I knew it was going to be another rough ride.

Jenny
Jenny

Nathan, Megan, Amy, Kimmie, and Michael + 4 birds, 4 fish, 1 turtle, and 1 dog!
We live in a zoo!
rjdecker
Master of HG

Postby caleighbelle47 » Dec 30, 2005 12:03 am

Mine are both babies and I already have baby lust. I swear I must be going crazy. And how unfair is it that HG never seems to be the only problem we face.

I have always want a lot of kids, like 8-10 of them. And even after bad pregnancies and swearing I wouldn't do it again I just can't ignore the fact that I still want those kids. I strongly feel like I have more kids waiting for me and I miss them. I really don't feel like my family is complete.

And after the two previous pregnancies it's pretty certain that I'll face HG and preterm labor, and most likely have another baby in the NICU. And then of course is the whole mess of problems after they come home since my kids are miserable babies. Right now money is keeping us from having more kids anytime soon, which is probably a good thing.
-Angela
Isabella- October 2004
John- September 2005
Phoenix- July 2008
Hazel- March 2010
http://caleighbabies.blogspot.com/
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby Jolene » Dec 30, 2005 9:28 am

I was feeding Lucy at 4am the other morning and I woke my husband to ask him if he wanted another baby!!! he said NO and went back to bed. :roll: I am also torn between the desire to have more kids with Dave and the knowledge of what HG will do to me. In the end I have decided that I will enjoy my Lucy and take it from there.
Jolene
HG Diva

Postby mrsbigdog » Dec 30, 2005 9:42 am

Boy do I understand the baby lust. I always felt I should have three children. HG makes it hard to be willing to go through it again, esp since I seem to get worse each time. I have been lucky in that HG seems to be the only problem I have while pregnant, the babies are full-term, vag deliveries and happy healthy easy babies.

Even with that I was unwilling to go through it again for a third time. Additionally I now have a better understanding of major health concerns on my husband's side that worry me about passing along to baby.

I guess everything happens for a reason though because now here I am almost 40 and living through my 3rd HG pregnancy. I had been feeling like we missed part of our family for the past several years but under no circumstances would have willingly tried to become pregnant but SURPRISE, despite efforts to the opposite, here I sit waiting for my last little girl to arrive.

I believe life will work out the way it is supposed to, esp if you follow your heart.

Donna
3x HG survivor: Theresa - 11/88, Katie - 1/95, Emily - 1/06
(one HG baby in each of the last three decades! - yes, just call me crazy)

mrsbigdog
HG Diva

Postby mandy » Dec 30, 2005 1:06 pm

Hugs Teddi - I really do understand what you are going through.

Mandy xxx
mother of two
hg from wk 6 - daughter born in 1999
hg from wk 5 - son born in 2002
mandy
HG Diva

Postby IslandDreamer » Dec 30, 2005 4:28 pm

If you'll believe, I've even caught the baby lust this month...and I've NEVER EVER had baby lust!!!! Never been ttc...just always thought I'd be everyone's auntie. But sheesh, these babies are cute and being normal postpartum has led me to "thoughts."

I was talking to Kimber last night and mentioned these thoughts and how reality then hits about 5 seconds after I consider another baby: HG, perinatal depression, PPD, anemia, loss, and other new fun each time, and she was like, "you're kidding, aren't you, Suzanne?" :lol:

There are battles for those of us who post here, but they are winnable if you go that route.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby bunniet » Jan 01, 2006 4:20 pm

Okay, confession here....I MISS being pg and the anticipation of the baby coming (no I don't miss the hg etc) I know Mara will be our last, but I think I will never outgrown babylust!
Cheri
I'll have to wait for grandbabies!
Cheri
ImageImage
Leah & Alicia
Joshua
Jonathan
Nicholas
Michael
Mara
HG with all pg's
bunniet
Opinionated HGer

Postby Natalie » Jan 01, 2006 6:00 pm

*Confession* I have baby lust and I'm still pg :shock:

I heard that when you're done having kids, you kind of 'know'. That's it, no more, you're done having babies and that's it. Period. So is that true????

Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Return to No more for me!?