Well, I guess that answers that question!

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

Well, I guess that answers that question!

Postby meg » Feb 24, 2006 10:44 am

I have known since my last pregnancy that having a TL was the right choice for me and my family. I had the TL in conjunction with my c-section without hesitation. I have had moments of sadness, hearing of others pregnancies, watching Moira Grace grow so quickly, but never regret.

I was just perusing the boards and passed the Trying to Conceive folder and I thought to myself, "Why the he!! would anyone with HG want to do that?" :lol: Well, I have 3 children, so clearly I understand why, but it really solidified for me that my TL was the right decision for me.
Hugs,
Meg

Mom to Anabel (7), Patrick (4) and Moira Grace (1)
HG Survivor
HG Free since 4.22.05!!!
meg
Devoted to You

Postby rjdecker » Feb 25, 2006 4:09 pm

Meg,

I had a TL this time, too. I think I actually grieved over it because I was so sad to not be able to hold a new one in my arms again, but yet, at the same time, I am so relieved. In fact, I am going to graduate school right now so I can teach nursing, but I am also highly considering getting my Nurse pracitioner. And I just heard of a new degree where it is like a PhD in nursing, but it is actually a doctorate of nursing, and it is clinical. So, I am very thrilled to know I won't have Hg to deal with while I am going to school again. And I loved getting rid of the maternity clothes that I hated so much. So yes, I am a little sad, but excited at moving on.

Jenny
Jenny

Nathan, Megan, Amy, Kimmie, and Michael + 4 birds, 4 fish, 1 turtle, and 1 dog!
We live in a zoo!
rjdecker
Master of HG

Postby PamelaRose » Feb 25, 2006 5:56 pm

I'm with you, Meg. I knew from the moment the pg test turned postive with Reilly that we were done, and I've never had second thoughts! I was worried when my nephew was born 18 months later that I'd have a serious attack of baby lust, but nothing. I see sweet, squishy newborns and want MY 'babies' back to that stage, but I have zero desire to have another. I think that's a good thing; I feel so sorry for women who aren't at peace with the decision or who want another baby and can't have one. It's good to have exactly what you want!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Trudy » Feb 25, 2006 9:35 pm

I'm now regretting not having a TL when I had a c-section almost 3 weeks ago. Dh didn't want me to have one (he's only heard the negative side of it) but the main reason I chose not to was that I have endometriosis and would still have to take the pill for that. Dh is dying to have sex again and keeps asking how much longer (obviously still too soon). But I am terrified of getting pg again. I really do not want to go through this again. I know I said that after Beth but I know I mean it this time. So it looks like I'll have to stick with the pill. Maybe I'll have to have more surgery for the endo sometime and can get a TL done then.
Trudy

3x HG Pregnancies
Abby and Laura went to heaven Oct 2002
Beth born 21 May 2004
Adam born 7th Feb 2006

“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars".
Trudy
Forum Moderator

Postby meg » Mar 01, 2006 8:53 pm

Trudy,

It took about 6 months before I wasn't nervous that the TL somehow hadn't "taken" and I would find myself pregnant again.

I know that some of the women have had IUDs with good results if you are looking for a less invasive option. My SIL has endometriosis and she has a Mirena IUD and no problems.

Good luck!
Hugs,
Meg

Mom to Anabel (7), Patrick (4) and Moira Grace (1)
HG Survivor
HG Free since 4.22.05!!!
meg
Devoted to You

Return to No more for me!?