Dh says no more

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

Dh says no more

Postby BrandiJK » Feb 27, 2006 11:39 pm

He wants to go get snipped.

I think I agree. But I am not positive. I don't know how much choice I have.

Not sure how I feel about this.
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby Marie » Feb 28, 2006 1:39 pm

Brandi,

I truly feel for your situation. I would advise not doing anything unless you both agree 100%. I find it hard to live with the fact that I cannot have anymore (tubes tied), and although I know it was the right decision for myself and family....still stinks.

Hugs,
Marie
HG baby arrived 11/18/99.
Lost an Angel 6/04.
HG baby arrived 7/01/05.
Marie
Master of HG

Postby BrandiJK » Feb 28, 2006 2:32 pm

My plan was to get another IUD, event though I hate them, and wait at least a year before making the final decision. But I don't think he is planning on waiting.
Part of our problems is that he takes my choices away, and I think he's doing that now as well. It seems to me I was informed this was going to happen, because he 'just can't survive another pregnancy'. Care to guess the choice words that went through my head at the time? I'll give you a clue: not a one would be approppriate for my kids to hear!
He's right though, we won't survive another one. I don't know really if we are surviving this one.
And I have to say, there is a sense of relief in the thought of it just being over. I'm 30, have 3 kids...seems like a good time to be done.
Plus, sex sure would be better with out the HG fear! :twisted:
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby Marie » Feb 28, 2006 2:55 pm

Oh Brandi I thought the same thing about the better sex.
However seems that the naughty and dangerous aspect has been replaced with are we done yet :roll:

Hugs,
Marie

Of course I may just be oversexed with 9 months of pent up energy from dh since I could'nt while preggers.....TMI I know
Lost an Angel 6/04.
HG baby arrived 7/01/05.
Marie
Master of HG

Postby BrandiJK » Mar 02, 2006 11:48 am

Marie, I have a very high sex drive. And the more I think about it, the more I think how nice it would be to be able to just enjoy it as a 'recreational sport', no side effects needed :lol:

Dh called, and apparently there is something like a 9 month waiting list he's going to have to be on. He did not sign up yet, but will right after the baby is born. Then we will have all those months (plus the little counceling he'll have to go through) to be sure.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby Marie » Mar 03, 2006 12:52 am

Well theres the one sport you won't find in the Olympics :lol:

Good luck in whatever you decide. I am suprised that there is such a long waiting list. Are there few doctors to do the procedure?

Hugs,
Marie
Lost an Angel 6/04.
HG baby arrived 7/01/05.
Marie
Master of HG

Postby BrandiJK » Mar 03, 2006 12:18 pm

I think the waiting list is a stall tatic, to be sure people don't do this spur of the moment like. And in total Kaiser fashion, I am sure there are classes and what not he'll have to take in the mean time.

no matter what, it gives me that little bit of extra time to absorb it, ya know?
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Apr 12, 2006 11:27 am

DH and I have come to the conclusion--premature I know--that we're not having any more biological kids. We went through the following:

--Med risks (scary for me to take meds while pg, and who knows how much I'll need next time?)

--Age risks (I'm 36)

--Won't be able to enjoy Aidan much while pg and hg'ing

--Physical wear and tear on my body

--Emotional effects while pg and after

--We wanted to adopt even prior to hg, now it's even more attractive

A bit painful to never have the experience of birth again, but I'm now looking forward to adopting a precious little someone, and exploring the beauty of that path to parenthood. It seems amazing in so many ways.

Sarah
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby BrandiJK » Apr 13, 2006 12:06 am

I'm now looking forward to adopting a precious little someone, and exploring the beauty of that path to parenthood. It seems amazing in so many ways.

I am not quite sure why, but this statement (and the meaning behind it) touched me completely!!! How beautiful, and I wish you the best of luck
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Return to No more for me!?