Friday is the big day........

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

Friday is the big day........

Postby nomore » Mar 08, 2006 10:39 am

Thats right.... Friday is the big day where DH gets snipped :) A few weeks ago, I asked him when he was going to do it, and he said late spring.... and I gently reminded him I was WITHHOLDING sex (not something I want to do acutally..lol) until he did it!

Well, later that week, he decided to make the appoitment. :) One of my best friends DH chickened out of his and told her he would take her to Bermuda if she got her tubes tied.... so I offered Rich the same deal (cuz- dang it, a nice vacation MIGHT make the surgery worth it :wink: ), but he said no dice....lol

He is getting it done!

Im REALLY happy, as we are both VERY sure of this, but in some ways, its scary as its so permanent (which is the whole idea...duh!!!). I know I cant do pregnancy again. I know I cant do the whole premature baby thing again (which is a good possiblity with the pre-eclampsia). And, I FEEL like our family is complete. So, I REALLY am very ready for it.

In fact, Im more bothered by the fact I have to do ALL the feedings the night after the procedure (since DH will rest and give up his feeding). So, I know Im going to be VERY crabby...lol (What can I say, I LOVE and NEED my sleep!)

So- if you dont mind... have a virtual toast with me...

CHEERS :)

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby dwtegli » Mar 08, 2006 12:02 pm

Oh dangit, I don't have anything to drink right now, or I would raise it in a toast.

I will do it as soon as I go down and get something to drink. Will that work?
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Mar 08, 2006 12:29 pm

no more raincoats, little pills or strange bc contraptions in the down there area!!!!! congrats! my gyn showed me an iud last week, and my jaw dropped! That HUGE thing in there for years, oh and it may hurt for 6 mo.! i RAN outta there :shock:

what a sweet hubby you have!!!!!!!

hugs and get well wishes in advance to poor hubby :D

sarah
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby Natalie » Mar 08, 2006 1:09 pm

I raise my mug of decaf Earl Grey tea to you Robin (it's sitting on the desk to me) :D

CHEERS!!!!

Love Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby emily » Mar 08, 2006 9:26 pm

Robin, I am sooooo jealous!

I threatened to withhold sex too, but dh knew I wouldn't be able to do it. LOL
emily
Devoted to You

Postby bibliojo » Mar 08, 2006 9:34 pm

Robin, I'll take my next Zofran pill in a toast to worry free sex for you and Rich!! :lol:

I'm starting to think about what we're going to do too since I know I can't do this is again. My body can't take it, let alone how dependent we are on everyone for help.

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Return to No more for me!?