DH got the "SNIP"

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

DH got the "SNIP"

Postby christineb » Mar 27, 2006 8:52 pm

Well, it's done. DH got his vasectomy two weeks ago. Feeling lots of different emotions about it, but I am sure we made the right decision. The more I research the complications I had with this last HG pregnancy, the more I realize that I am very lucky to be here today, and that I cannot risk those types of serious complications again. I just would not be able to carry to viability, let alone to term, and as unfair as it is to me, it would be even more horrendously unfair to a baby, to ever try again, knowing I would either miscarry, or end-up having to terminate due to organ failure, etc... :cry:
Just thought I'd share the news. We're officially "done" having babies.
Thanks for listening. It's been a tough two weeks...
-Christine
Rockin' out thanks to reglan, during my 2nd HG pg! (in this pic)
Brianna, HG pregnancy, 5/8/99
Angelina, HG pregnancy, 10/31/02, BOO!
Lost Angel, MC, DD 7/25/06
christineb
Been There Done That

Postby caleighbelle47 » Mar 28, 2006 2:00 am

I'm sorry that your body is unable to carry a healthy pregnancy. I can only imagine the emotions you must be feeling but at least you are positive that it's the right decision.

((((Hugs)))))
-Angela
Isabella- October 2004
John- September 2005
Phoenix- July 2008
Hazel- March 2010
http://caleighbabies.blogspot.com/
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby christineb » Mar 28, 2006 11:54 am

Thank you so much for your care, Angela. I am positive it was the "right" decision; it was just so hard for both of us. I'm in such bad shape physically, from the last HG pregnancy (most recent one, that ended in a m/c), that my OB wouldn't even consider a tubal for me right now - too risky. I'm so glad my sweet DH was willing to subject himself to the unpleasant "snip" procedure. He didn't even blink an eye when it was suggested to him by my OB. He just wanted to be sure I would never be so sick again.
But you're right - it's hard to "finalize" our family, short of actually "feeling" like we completed it. BUT, I am VERY thankful for my two beautiful daughters. I realize now more than ever what miracles they are, and how lucky I am to have gotten them here OK, with severe HG in the picture both times. I am a lucky mama, despite my sadness that I won't get to "do it all again"... I JUST LOVED being a mommy to a little newborn and tiny infant...I have to say those were by far the best times of my life, even WITH the PPD I had after my first daughter was born. Every moment with each of my new babies held wonder and amazing things... I'll miss it dearly. I'm glad I took so many pictures and so much video footage of my two when they were tiny! I've been looking at pictures, and watching videos of them, as part of dealing with this whole thing. It helps.
Thank you so much for caring and listening.
PS - Tell me all about BEAUTIFUL Kauai!! I'm SO jealous!
christineb
Been There Done That

Postby BrandiJK » Mar 28, 2006 12:08 pm

(((((((((((((Christine)))))))))))))))
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby IslandDreamer » Mar 28, 2006 12:54 pm

(((Christine))))

Love you,
Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby mandy » Mar 28, 2006 1:34 pm

(((Christine)))

Mandy x
mother of two
hg from wk 6 - daughter born in 1999
hg from wk 5 - son born in 2002
mandy
HG Diva

Postby bibliojo » Mar 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Christine,

The more I think about this pregnancy the more I think that it is wise that I do not attempt another pregnancy after this one. It's nice to say that you are done knowing that you will never have to go through that hell again but hard when yout have that aching heart that longs to hold another child. I secretly hope that this child is a girl - hoping that somehow that will make me feel more done, but if it's another boy I'm slowly coming to the realization that I'll just have to learn to live with never having a girl. With you having both girls, I'm sure you understand the feeling knowing that you will never have a boy. Going through another pregnancy is too risky for me. Even though I only have only moderate HG, I must take into account that I could very likely develop an autoimmune disorder like my mother did with one of her HG pregnancies. (and that autoimmune disorder has contributed to her developing cancer now) It makes me realize that I should count my blessings in the two kids that I will have and that I should focus on being there for them. I hope that time will heal your wounds and your two daughters will fill you with more joy than you ever thought possible.

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby christineb » Mar 28, 2006 11:04 pm

{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}

That is one GIGANTIC HUG for all of you wonderful women, whom I admire, adore, and am so thankful to know. WOW, how you all made my night tonight, with all your hugs, support, and total understanding.
I SO needed that after the two weeks I've had.
Blessings and Light to all of you, every single moment of every single day.

Love,
Christine
christineb
Been There Done That

Postby HelenA » Mar 29, 2006 7:07 am

Christine - My DP is going to have the snip after this one is born (I don't want to tempt fate before it's born) But we have both decided that this will be our last. I too have mixed feelings, as it's so final. But I am positive that it will be the right thing for us. I know I will be feeling the same as you once it's all final and done, but at the same time, I know I couldn't do it again, twice in two years is really wiping me out!
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Postby Atsie » Mar 29, 2006 7:46 am

(((((Christine)))))