scared

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

scared

Postby jesspinky1 » May 23, 2006 10:22 am

I talked with my DR and I decided to have my tubes tied at the time of delivery with c-section. But I am scared. While I know that I cannot put myself or family through this again, I am scared of the pernmanance of it. Has anyone had IUD? And if so, what did or didn't you like?
Hailey 7-23-98 HG baby
Isaiah and Malachi 3-25-03 NVP
Dominic 2-27-01 adopted
William 11-14-06 HG baby
Aaliyah 10-3-08 HG baby
jesspinky1
HG Diva

Postby aaronsmommy » May 23, 2006 9:15 pm

I just responded on your other thread.

What I don't like about my IUD is that my periods last 7-8 days with 2-3 of those very heavy. I like to say that I hate it for 2-3 days each month, but LOVE it for the other 26.

I keep thinking about maybe switching to the Mirena IUD so that my periods are lighter, but this is my second copper one and I've had one for about 5 years total and I guess I'm just comfortable with what I'm familiar with. The craziest part is that another thing that keeps me from getting the Mirena is that it is actually more effective than the copper one, with almost no pgs unless it falls out, and although a pg would be completely devastating for me and my family, I still fantasize about getting pg by accident and having another baby.
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Return to No more for me!?