No more for me either

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

No more for me either

Postby AmberWest » May 27, 2006 2:33 am

I guess I wanted to see that in print. After Nat had suggested getting through this pg by daily fantasy over a tl I couldn't stop doing just that. I know for a fact that two is my limit. I honestly never thought to have more than that, nor could I afford more. To top that off my body just can't take it. At my first visit I'm requesting the papers. Last time I had them in case of a c/s which I obviously didn't have. :roll: This time I am requesting it be done directly after birth while I'm still in the hospital. I never ever want to risk this again.

What I was wondering is does anyone know how they go about a t/l if you don't have a section? Is the incision large? Are you limited in mobility after the fact for awhile? I honestly don't know much about it since so many have them during a c/s.
AmberWest
Master of HG

Postby jesspinky1 » May 27, 2006 10:49 am

I think they go through your belly button and there is just a tiny not noticeable scar there. I think if you don't have a section, you have to wait the 6 weeks.
Hailey 7-23-98 HG baby
Isaiah and Malachi 3-25-03 NVP
Dominic 2-27-01 adopted
William 11-14-06 HG baby
Aaliyah 10-3-08 HG baby
jesspinky1
HG Diva

Postby PamelaRose » May 27, 2006 12:49 pm

I signed the tubal ligation papers very early on in my pregnancy with Reilly because there was no doubt we were DONE. I was all set to have the surgery the morning after my vaginal delivery, and the worst part was that Reilly was born at 8:30 p.m. and, because of the impending surgery, they kept a failing IV in all night in hopes that they wouldn't need to try another start and cut me off of FOOD after midnight. The nerve! In my case, I ended up having to wait 6 weeks becuase of an ovarian cyst (the surgeon explained that if there was a problem with the ovary that needed attention, things are too distended after pregnancy to get to it easily and it would have been dangerous). I chose to have Essure done when I got the all-clear at 6 weeks, but had I had the tl done in the hospital, it would have meant a couple hours in surgery and recovery, so we made sure Troy was at the hospital to take care of Reilly. My friend had her tl hours after vaginal delivery, and she had just a few hours of pain and a couple days of tenderness.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Natalie » May 29, 2006 4:43 pm

How is the fantasy going? Got any dates yet?

Happy Birthday Lil Fred - he hit the 4 month mark. I suppose he's not that little any more? Theo isn't.

I thought of us the other day when Lynn and Susannah had their babies on the same day and the whole 'who would be the last to go in the Countdown Club'. Kind of reminscent of us I thought.

Love Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby IslandDreamer » May 30, 2006 11:15 pm

I really like that fantasy too.

I chickened out of the TL after Jack when I had so much trouble with the epidural...I didn't want to face a bad anesthesia incident when everything had gone "not horribly" in the hospital.

It's easier to do the tubal sooner as everything is closer to the surface, or so I was told....I was told two small incisions and it could be done before I left hospital.

Ask doc EXACTLY how he/she performs a tubal....I want ALL of my tubes GONE...not just a section as I don't want an ectopic possibility, ya know?

I am such a chicken...I think I'm waiting for dh to get the V so I don't have to get this TL. I have my annual on 6/5 and will schedule an August surgery.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Kariinbliss » Jun 09, 2006 10:06 pm

I don't know what the procedure is for right after delivery, but mine was done at the same time as a d&c with 2 very small incisions. One in my belly button, one like a c-section, only much smaller. (like 1/2 in) My doc put two clamps on each tube, then cut and cauterized each tube. Not taking any chances, apparently. :-) It was a hard decision to make, but I knew we couldn't do another pg. The risk of another loss on top of the HG was too much to even consider. I do still desperately want another child, but have to hope that someday that longing will go away.
5x HG mom to:
Amy... born 1/20/92
Melissa... born 2/13/95
Alex... returned to heaven 6/20/05
Angel... watching from heaven 2/2/06
Peanut... safe in the Father's arms 4/24/06
Kariinbliss
Been There Done That

Return to No more for me!?