Only one and the guilt is unreal

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

23 and Deciding

Postby asiawall » Apr 10, 2005 7:10 am

I'm so glad I found this website, it has been very helpful to read all of these experiences. I am currently 20 weeks along in my third pregnancy, and I have been hospitalized 10 times, mostly for vomiting blood and severe dehydration/fever. I am on Zofran now, which is the first thing that has helped me, but every day is different.

I was sick with my last two pregnancies, although not quite this severe, and I don't think I can go through this again. The only problem is that of those two pregnancies I have no children living with me. I gave the first one up for adoption because I was too young and not ready for motherhood, and I lost the second one. Therefore, this will be the first child that my husband and I will raise together. He is 100 percent supportive of any decision that I make regarding sterilization, and would be content with one child. I feel that I would be too, but how do you know for sure? Also, I'm nervous about getting a TL. My doctor told me that there are no side effects and it's very safe, but I have researched it extensively on the web and some sites claim otherwise. I would appreciate any advice that any of you have on these issues.

Thanks,

Asia
asiawall

I Feel As Though I Am Reading My Story

Postby shermsen3 » Aug 08, 2005 11:09 pm

I am the mother of a beautiful three year old boy. I made a decision during my pregnancy to have a TL. I was also on TPN and had been admitted to ICU due to fluid in the lungs along with numerous infections. I still struggle with my decision but I can't imagine putting myself or my son through that experience. My experience lead me to believe I would not have survived another pregnancy.

There I times I wish I would just get pregnant because then the decision of having more children will have been made for me. I know that this is a grieving process that I will go through for a long time but finding this site has been a godsend. You are all in my thoughts and prayers!
shermsen3

Postby stephensmam » Sep 29, 2005 7:36 am

Hi Im coming to this disscussion very late i know but there is 6 and a half years between my son and daughter because of Hg I was adament that there was no way i could go through it again i had severe Hg with my son and was hospitalised for months and with med professionals who didnt have a clue it took finding the hugs site and spending two years going will i wont i to finaly make the decision i was terrified it took me 10 months to get pg and each month i was relieved not to be i was very worried about my son who would look after him ect whould he be scarred for life the fact that i was away in hospital for months i had never been away for even one night he also has some special needs with language and dosent understand explanations, well i got pg ended up in hosp as i knew i would stephen went through 4 minders i had a lot of physical pg stuff as well as severe Hg again but this time i was smiling inside , i knew what hg was i had a plan with my dr i had wonderfull letters of suport from the girls here i made it and i have a beautiful daughter to show for it who is one now and a ball of energy everyone kept saying it was worth it in the end i couldnt see that with my first son as he has so many problems and i just felt punnished but councilling and meds sorted that out my daughter is perfect dispite being on Ivs steroids meclizine zofran b6 homeopathy ect ect yes it was very hard but i really can say it was worth it and i will do it again dont know when but i know if i say never again like i did after stephen the depression that decends when one of my friends has a baby may not be as hard to take so i would just say to you all never say never
lots of love and hugs Jacqueline
HG pg no 1 28/04/98 darling son Stephen ivs only,pnd
HG pg no 2 01/09/04 darling daughter Sarah ivs , zofran, steroids, meclizine, b6.http://lilypie.com/Kids_Birthday_code.p ... y_code.php#
stephensmam
Been There Done That

Previous

Return to No more for me!?