Crippled with Fear

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

Crippled with Fear

Postby Lara » Aug 01, 2006 8:24 am

Hi all,
I just wanted to share my dilemma. I have a healthy 18 month old son, Nicholas. I had severe HG until the moment I was on the delivery table. It was the most horrible experience of my life. I am so grateful that my son is healthy and happy and he's more than i can ever dreamed of.

I am in such turmoil with the feeling of being "crippled with fear" with the thought of going through that again. Although i think i'd like another - i can't imagine going throught the same problem but this time - having a child to take care of during it all. It is just my husband and I, we do not have family that could help out.... It would be just the two of us and now this time.... an energetic baby boy who needs and deserves all the love and attention he can possible get.....

what are your thoughts???
Lara

Postby justme » Aug 01, 2006 9:11 am

Good luck and much grace to you as you try and figure out what your next step is. I understand your fear and sympathize. There are many women here who have done it more than once and with small children, I am sure that they will offer you wonder advice. And there is good information in the preparation folder. I know that we will all support you no matter what you decide to do for you and your family.

Karen
justme
Forum Moderator

Postby BrandiJK » Aug 02, 2006 8:27 pm

First off, :hugs: I am sorry. I have been where you are (we all have) and it is just not an easy place to be. We plan out our lives, say we would like to have X amount of children....then pregnancy is SO bad facing it again is out of thought.
Well, some times it is and sometimes it isn't.

Questions to consider...
-how long are you willing to wait between children?
-can you establich a savings for day care needs while pg, and are you even willing to do daycare?
-with your first pg, how long before serious treatment started? Prolonged waiting before serious treatment can effect the whole pg.
-what options are open to you? It's just you two. Get that. But even with others near by, you don't always get the help you expect and so it is better to plan for just the two of you
-If you do not have another child, will you always feel a hole in your family?

It took me 6 years between my first 2 (I have 3). My first was undiagnosed, and when they finially gave me meds, I had an a reaction and it was way too late to take any other ideas onboard.
My second was easier then my first and my 3rd very hard. So therte is just no pattern. But having a plan to prep is a perfect idea, and can save you loads of illness is many cases.

No matter what, as has been said, we are there for you.

I did one pg with a 6 year old, and one with a 3 year old. Others have had them closer. I knew my limits, and knew this was the closest I can do. Another thing for you to think about.

Good luck
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Return to No more for me!?