Round 1- shooting blanks

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

Round 1- shooting blanks

Postby nomore » Aug 02, 2006 7:51 pm

Sorry such a graphic title :lol:

But, Dh dropped his 1st sample off finally last week and round one is PERFECT!

One more round to go and I might consider condom free sex :shock: Am I ever really gonna trust it 100% though? :roll: we got prego so quick and easy each time (thankful for that), but we were obvoiusly very fertile together!

Maybe when the time comes we will need some strong drinks...lol
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby BrandiJK » Aug 02, 2006 8:30 pm

:lol: :lol: Oh my, I can not wait for that day!!! Way to go, and hope you can have that 'skin to skin' (graphic too, sorry) together very soon!!!!
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby PamelaRose » Aug 02, 2006 8:33 pm

Hooray! It took a full year after my "all clear" test before I finally relaxed and stopped obsessing about pregnancy symptoms each month.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 02, 2006 11:09 pm

I like the title :wink: . I would think it will take time to feel "safe." I was wondering the same thing. We may be on similar schedules, eh? :mrgreen:
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby bibliojo » Aug 02, 2006 11:26 pm

:D :D :D

Let the good times begin! :lol: I guess one of the other good things about being pregnant is that you can't get pregnant again - that is if you have the energy to have sex! :lol: I know once this baby is born dh is not getting near me until he is "fixed" :lol:

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Aug 03, 2006 4:03 am

:wink: Maybe you can ask the clinic for some "home blank tests," so you can test away until you feel really secure :lol:
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby Proudmama » Aug 10, 2006 8:56 pm

Oh thank goodness someone else has this same issue/concern :D . DH is going in for the big snip in a couple of weeks and I am still concerned.

Did you consider having a T/L as well? I have several people telling me to do that as well to due to people they know getting a big oops after the snip. I am having a hard time with that decision. One of my Doctors even told me if I wanted to live to raise my children, I should consider having a T/L done. He said my body could not take another HG pregnancy like the last one.

Why do we have to live like this? I wonder how fluffies decide to get a T/L or have their DH/DP get the big snip. I cannot image being allowed to make that decision based on the reality of having complete family in your heart vs. being scared to get sick and not live through a pregnancy :roll: .

There has to be a good reason that we have been chosen to be HG ladies...

Sorry for taking over your post Robin :oops: . Your post just really hit home for me. DH and I were blessed to conceive our babies really fast as well. It is very frightening to think of having a pregnancy without being mentally and emotionally prepared to take on the HG battle once again.

May all your days be Happy Shooting Blanks Days :wink:
Jamie
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
Proudmama
Master of HG

Postby nomore » Aug 11, 2006 8:05 am

Jamie-

I really get all of your thoughts. I have the same fears. To answer your questions, I did consider a tubal. I was even all set to have one if I somehow needed a Section. In fact, my DR was ready to wheel me in the OR right after Katie was deleivered to do it anyways. But, I declined. Only for the reason I didnt want surgery, I had a newborn in the NICU and I am still honeslty scared about the side effects.

My Mom had a tubal and was alwyas complaining about her horrid PMS... a side effect of the tubal. SHe was supportive, as I know NO one in my life who thinks I should ever be prego again :wink: But, she was happy we chose to just have the big v.

I did look into the procdure Pamela mentioned, called essure. There is only one DR in my practice that does it, and my Peri (who I saw when prego), wasnt too supportive of that choice. He said tubal or V, and he said he wanted my body to have a hormonal rest (if possible) before a tubal.

ANd, like several women here, DH and I still think BOTH of us being sterilzed isnt such a bad thing. :wink: Dh tells me now though, after what the DR did to him, and the amount removed, etc, and the whole thing, he feels confident it will be effective. I still might insisit on at least a yearly "check" or alas, get the tubal done or an IUD if I still cant not stress about this.

:hugs:
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby Proudmama » Aug 11, 2006 7:27 pm

Robin,
It is really nice to know that I am not the only one with these concerns. Thanks for your candid reply :D .
Jamie
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
Proudmama
Master of HG

Return to No more for me!?