interesting info. from "MSN Lifestyle" Poll...

Volunteer your professional services, share fundraisers for HG & HER, and publicize HG to get the word out!

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme, annmarie

interesting info. from "MSN Lifestyle" Poll...

Postby christineb » Apr 05, 2006 7:17 pm

Check out the link below, where quite a few moms mention what seems to be disruptive morning sickness (possibly HG in some cases?)as their chief piece of "wish I'd known" information for the "What Moms Wish They Had Known About Pregnancy" article/poll.
You would think this would draw attention to the magnitude of the problems associated with NVP.

http://lifestyle.msn.com/FamilyandParen ... tid=343097

Enjoy!

-Christine
Rockin' out thanks to reglan, during my 2nd HG pg! (in this pic)
Brianna, HG pregnancy, 5/8/99
Angelina, HG pregnancy, 10/31/02, BOO!
Lost Angel, MC, DD 7/25/06
christineb
Been There Done That

Postby Atsie » Apr 07, 2006 10:15 pm

Isn't this the cracker of all crackers!

I wish I had known......
"That you can have no problems: no morning sickness, extreme fatigue, aches and pains, hunger, or cravings -- and still have a healthy baby! When I went to the doctor for the first visit, I was terrified she would tell me I was not actually pregnant or that something was wrong because I had no symptoms." -- Tricia

Could you imagine what our Wish I had knowns would be?
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby christineb » Apr 08, 2006 10:36 am

:lol:
Oh, I know - when I read that woman's response, it was so contrary to the others I'd read,I was like, "WHAT in the world gives you the idea that you can ACTUALLY complain about this?!? It's in EVERY pregnancy "manual": a woman CAN have absolutely NO symptoms and have a healthy baby!! What's NOT in those "manuals", however, is that if you are throwing-up all day and night and can't eat or drink, and are not going to the bathroom anymore, that you have developed a life-threatening pregnancy complication that needs immediate emergency medical attention!!
Let's see, I'm going to start our own thread here, on this little topic, and hopefully some of our other hilarious HER friends will join in...
Here goes..

"WHAT I WISH I HAD KNOWN BEFORE I BECAME PREGNANT"...

I wish I had known that I didn't need to actually eat or drink while pregnant; it could all come right through a convenient tube in the arm!
Rockin' out thanks to reglan, during my 2nd HG pg! (in this pic)
Brianna, HG pregnancy, 5/8/99
Angelina, HG pregnancy, 10/31/02, BOO!
Lost Angel, MC, DD 7/25/06
christineb
Been There Done That

Postby Atsie » Apr 08, 2006 2:28 pm

I wish I had known that somedays it really was just easier to dump the food directly into the toilet. Saves time!
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby Gracie » Apr 08, 2006 4:02 pm

Atsie wrote:I wish I had known that somedays it really was just easier to dump the food directly into the toilet. Saves time!

:lol: :lol:

If you just give up on doing the grocery shopping, it saves money too! The family kept complaining that there was nothing to eat in the house.... what did I care??
Gracie
Gracie
Master of HG

Postby Atsie » Apr 08, 2006 7:02 pm

My DH lost 25 pounds because of HG!
Atsie
Forum Moderator

HUGE

Postby samib » Apr 21, 2006 6:53 pm

This is the biggest cracker I've ever seen!!!!!!

I wish I had known how much I would hate being pregnant :(

Sami
samib
Been There Done That

Return to HG Awareness & Activism