Feel very guilty for taken all these meds while pregnant

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

Feel very guilty for taken all these meds while pregnant

Postby glittergirl » Jan 31, 2005 9:22 pm

:cry:

I am 16wks pregnant and feel so terribly guilty for what I might be doing to my baby. I am taking Trazodone, Paxil, Buspar, and Vistiral. I am so embarassed.

You see without meds I have no life, I become seriously depressed, panic so bad that I have ended up in the emergency room sometimes up to 8 times a day! I lost 68 pounds in 1999 from severe anxiety, panic, and depression. I was told that I was in the later stages of starvation and was told I might not make it long. I was VERY depressed, I could NOT eat!

I have two other healthy children whom I love with all my heart, I took medication with them and they are perfect, I am just great on my meds and live a normal life.

I am still so quilty.

GIna
Gina
Husband- Jarrid
Makenzie 7.1.99
Kade 7.16.02
Baby #3 due 7.14.05
glittergirl

Postby amoberly » Jan 31, 2005 9:32 pm

Gina,

I just replied to your post about "is this Hyperemesis". It sounds like you are really going through a rough time right now. I am so glad you found this site! I had SEVERE anxiety with my first pregnancy, and was on meds to treat it until my 2nd tri (the anxiety went away after that, so i stopped taking the meds). I don't know anything about the meds you are on, but I'm sure your doc wouldn't let you take something that wasn't safe during pregnancy. I hope that other women here can encourage you more, but I know for sure that your mental health during pregnancy is very important. Just so you know, most women with HG suffer from a variety of depressions/anxieties that are brought on specifically from dealing with being so sick! You are probably more prone to that because of your past need for medication, so its very important that you continue to take them! I hope this was helpful, even if not very informative :)
Andrea <><
Mother of 2 HG babies

amoberly
Welcomed Friend

Postby dbarr » Feb 22, 2005 8:11 pm

Reading your post brought back some of the issues I had during my pregnancy. I'm a social worker, and was therefore very aware of symptoms of depression and anxiety, and therefore able to advocate for myself. If it wan't for that, my symptoms would have been downplayed as feeling blue from puking constantly, and I had a very understanding midwife when it came to the physical symtoms of hg.
dbarr

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG