I wish I had morning sickness

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

I wish I had morning sickness

Postby caseyhg » Jan 05, 2006 3:09 pm

I can tell people are thinking I'm just a wimp that can't handle a little moring sickness. I know I am a grown woman and I shouldn't care what other peple are thinking about me. But I see it on peoples faces all the time, everyday. I lie when they ask how I am doing. I say I'm fine. I want to say "I am miserable. I have been sick every minute of every day for 3 months. I have never felt worse in my life. I already feel like a bad mother because I can't feed my baby or take those horse pill vitimins. I feel lazy and worthless because I can barely get out of bed. I wish I had morning sickness." But I just say I'm fine because I don't want anyone else to judge me. How come no one knows about hg?
Wow... It is so nice to have a place to vent to people who understand me. I feel better already. Thank you!!
Casey
caseyhg

Postby allym » Jan 05, 2006 5:05 pm

Hi Casey,

I hear you. I just tell people that I feel like I have had a hang over everyday for the past 7 months. They seem to get it after I say that. But I have never met anyone who was as sick as I am so I don't expect that much sympathy. I'm sure some people think I am being a wimp but I don't care. Keep your head up, your not alone. Take care.

Alexandra
Conner (severe hg) April 8, 1996
Jacob - (no hg) March 25, 1999
Isabella - (mod hg) March 10, 2006
allym
Been There Done That

Postby BrandiJK » Jan 05, 2006 7:35 pm

Casey, I understand that one. My normal response is something like "making it through today, and how are you?" or, more often then not, simply changing the subject. It is still amazing to me how easily people are diverted, but it seems most everyone is fine just talking about themselves without even realizing I never answered.

Your not abnormal to feel the way you do, we get it. I am glad you found this community. You can post every day that you feel miserable if you need to.

(((((((((Casey))))))))))
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby IslandDreamer » Jan 06, 2006 12:39 am

I hear ya. Morning sickness sounds lovely, doesn't it?
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Alison » Jan 07, 2006 2:26 am

Here is an option... Everytime someone asks you how you are doing... Tell them in detail all about HG. Pretty soon their eyes will gloss over and they probably won't ask you much anymore, or maybe you will get lucky and someone will understand b/c they either had it or someone they know had it, etc.

I am still trying to convince my mom that it is something more than just being able to just throw up and moving around more (that is always her advice).

It is like the old cliche of walking to school bare footed in the snow while it is hailing bolders on your head and all you have for covering is a beat up old math text book. hahaha!!! They always think they had it bad, as you can tell by their advice, like my mom's. But... we understand you here, and, like you, are very grateful for this site b/c of that.

Vent away dear, we are here!
-5 Little Angel Babies with Jesus-
www.enivamembers.com/vitalhealth
Alison
Been There Done That

Postby caseyhg » Jan 20, 2006 9:45 pm

rough day today.
got into fight with dh tonight. he's mad at me because I'm cranky. Can you believe I'm in a bad mood? What could I possibly have to be upset about? He stormed off to bed at 8:30 just so he wouldn't have to be around me. I guess I can't blame him, right?
So after he went to bed I threw up by myself. Cried on the bathroom floor by myself (that was a new low). weighed myself. lost another pound. Things aren't looking so good. feeling really weak right now. better go. rough day.
thanks for listening.
caseyhg

Postby Alison » Jan 20, 2006 10:13 pm

Awe sweetie, I am so sorry that you had such a horrid day. Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully it will go better for you all around. HG is so hard on everyone and no one can make it any better. It's just something that has to be dealt with.

I'm tellin ya, who thought that 'For better or for worse' would include all of this??? HG is a major test of love and patience. Most couples never go through anything as horrific as this and yet, they still don't make it through... It is a real acomplishment to come out on the other side of HG with any kind of relationship, much more a closer relationship.

You sure learn a lot about yourself and your partner's strengths and weaknesses after HG.

I wish that I could comfort you more and be there to help you so you wouldn't have to be alone - on the floor. I hope you can get some rest so you can face another day with a new strength. I will pray for you. Let us know how things go tomorrow if you can.

HUGE HUGS!!!!!!

Alison
-5 Little Angel Babies with Jesus-
www.enivamembers.com/vitalhealth
Alison
Been There Done That

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG