sick after hg?

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

sick after hg?

Postby AstronomyNut » Nov 06, 2013 10:50 pm

So the nausea and sickness has gone away for the most part. However, there are still bouts and I am wondering if I'm alone on this?
It's been 3 and a half months since the birth but some days I still wake up nauseated. At least I can force myself to eat and it goes away, but this never used to happen to me.
Worse, today I smelled something that had made me throw up countless times during HG, and I started throwing up because it was such a trigger.
Has this happened to anybody else?
AstronomyNut

Re: sick after hg?

Postby serephimlafey » Nov 07, 2013 11:15 am

I haven't ever had the nausea after being sick but i have triggers..like pot stickers. I want to vomit as soon as i smell them. I got my aversion to them during my first Hg pregnancy.
Barbara
Mommy to
Eli, Dec 02, first hg baby
Luc, Mar 06, second hg baby
Mairin Jade, Nov 13, 3rd hg baby
And baby #4 due early Aug. Hg from 5 weeks
serephimlafey
Been There Done That

Re: sick after hg?

Postby ShannonD » Nov 07, 2013 5:04 pm

My nausea was gone right after birth with my first, but my really bad food aversions stayed for awhile.... like 3-4 months.... which really sucked cause it's one of my husbands (& usually my) favorite types of food. Eventually I was able to tolerate the smells (around 4 months) & then even eat a few months after that. I never vomited from that type of food.... but I knew I couldn't have it in my house! lol
Owen - 2008/09/06 - HG 5 wks until delivery, untreated/diagnosed until 18wks, multiple IV's & Zofran, lost 55lbs
DS - Due Date 2014/03/12 - HG 5-22wks, multiple IV's, Zofran & Acupuncture, lost 35lbs. Medicated Fluffy 22-32wks. HG started back up at 32wks :(
ShannonD
Been There Done That

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG